Six Billion Lonely Stars | Teen Ink

Six Billion Lonely Stars

December 19, 2007
By 284miles PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin
284miles PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin
23 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. -Deuteronomy 31:8


They are not the only ones who feel that way. I am not the only one who feels this way. Six billion lonely stars that could shine so bright and warm your heart. Six billion who do not feel needed, but they are. Six billion stars scattered in the sky to fill a void. From wherever we are, we can see them, but no one appreciates their company.

Their lives are hidden. They send their light into the night. They come out and go away and hide during the hectic day and shine at the empty world at night when few care to notice how they are so incredibly bright. This is how they shine.

Let no one ignore their light, they’d all lose their lives, each so secluded and far away. Shine, shine, shine, or you’ll run out of time. They cry.

When I am too scared or to too lonely to keep shining, when I am a small light and everyone else is so bright, then it is I remember the stars. When no one else can see we’re all the same. Six billion who shine together. Six billion who don’t disappear when it’s dark. Six billion whose purpose is to give their world light. Six billion stars who will shine through the night.