Bethenny Frankel's SkinnyGirl Empire | Teen Ink

Bethenny Frankel's SkinnyGirl Empire

By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York

Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.

I tend to root for the underdog.

That statement certainly rings true when I think about Bethenny Frankel.

The first time that I heard about Bethenny Frankel was during an episode of the Real Housewives of New York City. Though I do not watch the show religiously, I was quickly drawn to the program by her witty comments and honest approach to life. She didn't seem to sugarcoat anything and said exactly what was on the viewer's minds. During the first two seasons, she was clearly the fan favorite, but to most of her cast members, she was seen as an underdog. Not only did she have a lackluster career as a fitness and food guru, she had no husband or family to support her in her ventures. Estranged from both her parents, she basically had no one to share her life with. In her search for love and success, Ms. Frankel has not only created an empire on the basis of a dream, but has also captured the hearts of millions watching her every endeavor.

These days, Bethenny has not only found love, she had double the joy when she was reported to be engaged and pregnant at the same time. Her charming personality and quick wit was showcased so well that she managed to get her own show, Bethenny Getting Married?. Once the show had aired, Bethenny Getting Married premiered to over 2 million viewers, breaking records for television network Bravo in viewership. Along with success in both her personal and TV ventures, Bethenny also ventured out into a line of calorie-friendly drinks, exercise DVDs, and health guide books. Not only did she write two NY times best-selling books, she also created the SkinnyGirl Margarita, a drink that targeted those who wished to lose weight but enjoy life at the same time. This drink became so notable that shipment was doubled since the drinks would literally fly off the shelves when stock was reimbursed.

As Bethenny enjoys the fruits of her labor, the truth looks nothing short of bright for this so-called Underdog. With plenty on her plate, she is currently in production for the second season of her show, appropriately titled, Bethenny Ever After, became a finalist on Skating with the Stars, and is penning a new book on the secrets to success. She is also planning on introducing a shape-wear and skincare line as well. With her loyal followers backing her every move, Bethenny has certainly made it since her Real Housewife days. Expanding her success on the value of Food, Fitness, and Fame, Bethenny will certainly enjoy success in both her personal and professional life. In only a short amount of time, she has created an empire around her quirky personality, pocketing around $4 million a year, a huge difference from a few years ago when she was in debt, taking on a string of jobs in hopes of supporting herself. Regardless of her struggles, Bethenny finally has everything that she's ever wanted; and here's thy twist, she did it all by herself based on the ideals that perseverance, strong work ethics and a dream can make anything worth achieving possible.