Attitude | Teen Ink

Attitude

By Kristine PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
Kristine PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma

"You've got to love what you've got while you've got it."

I believe that life is all about attitude. It’s simple. You choose to make a difference. I choose if I want to have a good day or a bad day. Nobody can make that choice for me.
Even if I wake up grumpy and completely exhausted, I make a conscious effort to smile. I don’t let people see that I’m really in a bad mood. At first, it’s hard to pretend to be happy but eventually the fake happiness and energy becomes real.
Negativity and feeling sorry for myself are pointless and a waste of time. The truth is, it could be a whole lot worse. I’d rather find something that’s good to focus on then letting the negative completely control my thoughts and attention. Honestly, there really is at least one good thing about every situation. Sometimes I just have to look harder to find it.
Often I have to stop thinking about myself and find someway to help somebody else. There are so many people that need a smile or need to feel like someone cares. There is no better feeling than the one I get when I make a smile appear on someone’s face. Often times when I make somebody’s day, my day gets much better.
Attitude determines the type of life you are going to live each day. And today,
I choose my attitude.

pritz said...
yeh its quite true n u r right