Mental Martial Arts | Teen Ink

Mental Martial Arts

By Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut
Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

A wise word does not make the speaker wise.

Forms of the art:

Clear mind - no thoughts or observations at all, this is a state of complete mental silence

Observant - always taking in information, but not processing, analyzing or thinking about anything

Derivative - analyze information without adding any new data/info and deriving information from what you have already observed. This information must be proved via Mary Everest Boole’s algebra

Enchant change - ask the questions if, then, because until you can no longer answer them in at all.

Cross reference - consider how the information coming in to you relates to your goal and how this information was reached and how one might reach it again if you can not remember it.

Goal: to reach the truth and to disembody falseness and harmful ideas

Creed: Our art is only to be used in defense of yourself or those who cannot defend themselves against harmful ideas

Basic maneuvers:

Fact removal: summarizing the opposers words and reorder and paraphrase away from their goal ( usually to get something from you or to prove you wrong)

Disorder compunction - ask one or more hypothetical questions to cause uncertainty. 2ed level: question the morality, honor or psychological state of your opposer.

Point of breaking - make claims right outside of the known facts purposing a scenario where you are correct. 2ed level: use these to lead your opposer down a path leading to your conclusion.

Base dispute - point out a minor mistake in the factual layout or grammar of their opposition, implying a mistake in their opinion.

Imply outside threat - imply that continuing the current course of action and thought will cause a great calamity for the opposer.

Implied knowledge/expertise - use sets of vague references to imply of past experiences that seem to command greater authority than they allow.

Key information - leave out any information that could possibly be used against you or you position.

Direct comparisons - using the vague likeness to unpleasant thoughts for the opposer.

Multiple roots - use an idea that comes from many references so that positions can be changed easily without a rephrasing of words. 2ed duality, everything you say has more than one meaning and purpose in the argument.

A further expansion on Harmful Ideas:

Harmful ideas are ideas that shorten the length of anyone’s’ lives’, or lessen the time they might spend happily livening.

While considering weather ideas may or may not be harmful you must first compile a list of all the possible logical outcomes, and all possible illogical out comes for the current path you are leading. Then the information about all who are possibly effected by each outcome must be considered. Considering how all of these people might effect all the possible outcomes is also necessary. The lineage of events that contains the least number of harmful ideas is the one that must be put into action.
Allowing others to gain the upper hand in an argument is necessary at some points, so that you can use their arrogance to defeat the most harmful of ideas that they bring to fruition through their actions and words. This not only allows you the defender a moment to regroup and gain your mental balance, but also allows you to examine a better possible outcome. In the words of Loa Tze, “… you must first honor a man before dishonoring him…”

Further on Implied knowledge:

When one uses the power of authority which they do not possess then they must allow for a balancing flow of power away from themselves equal in value to the power they barrowed. At the point of rebalance you will be mentally unstable and should allow for a momentary fall in the power of your influence and argument, right before this point you should intertwine your argument and influence with that of your opposers through an agreement. To make sure that you regain your former position, this agreement should be a major support of your opposers’ position, while only being a minor point in yours. This tactic should only be used as a last resort.

Further on a Clear mind:

A clear mind is a state in which first you tell your conscience ness to refuse all thoughts and in coming information. After you have successfully cleared your conscience mind your subconscious will flood your thoughts, almost as if you’re are dreaming all of your dreams and thinking all of your thoughts at once. Exploring these deliberately allows one to better understand them. At this point begin to observe not only everything around you but also exactly how your subconscious reacts. This clearly illustrates your strengths and weaknesses along with abilities specific to you. This is like the map to your brain/mind and how you think. By doing this in a planned manner you can change how you react to these situations, and ones sharing anything in common with them. Once you have dealt with these things and only once you have you can completely clear your mind of all thoughts. Clearing your mind of all thoughts allows you to set your entire mental energies toward the task at hand.

Further on leading someone to a thought:

In order to lead a person down a thought path you must first align you thoughts with theirs. This begins with a short series of agreements. Then you must alighn their potential thoughts with the ones you want them to reach and the lead in to your goal thought. To fill the space between the few points that you have you must ask you what things the two point sets have in common then draw lines of thought between them. Lines of thought are propositions that share an idea from both thoughts, starting with a majority of the opposers’ opinions/knowledge and ending with the facts of your goal as the majority in the propositions. An example of this is considered rambling, but there is a distinct difference between rambling and lines of thought. When one rambles they propose spontaneous ideas and thoughts share nothing in common, lines of thought however all share a common underlying theme that links them all together and to the goal thought. This theme is like the beat in a song that accompanies all of the dynamic melodies of the piece.

Further on information duality:

Before you use any information you conceder using, consider that all information is paradoxical, it is al dependent on all of the other information in the argument it’s self.

Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

Thank you for your comment... Do you have any other ideas?

Babycakes56 SILVER, Peyton, Colorado

Things happen, things change.

lol, wow i'm amazed you actuallly wrote about that, nd it was great how you put it all into words,