The Life of Adolf Hitler | Teen Ink

The Life of Adolf Hitler

March 4, 2010
By TiberiusPlushenko BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
TiberiusPlushenko BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
All power corrupts: Total power is kinda cool!


Adolf Hitler was born in 1889 at an inn in the small town of Braunau, Austria. The boy was the fifth child of a second marriage.

Hitler’s abusive father, was a town official. Alois Hitler often physically harmed young Adolf and his mother, Klara Potzl. When Alois finally died, Hitler was left with his mother, who died shortly after.

Hitler was enrolled at a Secondary School, where he was doing very well, at the time of his mother’s death. Grief stricken, young Adolf enrolled in the Monastery School for boys as a member of the choir. While singing in the choir balcony, Hitler would look across the lavish hall and see a shrine for St. Paul which included an ancient German symbol which Hitler would later adopt for the Nazi Party.

Adolf Hitler did well in school until his mother died. After that, things took a turn for the worse. Hitler was reported by many if his teachers as a sluggish, apathetic, moody youth.

After his primary schooling, Hitler tried to enroll at the Viennese Academy of Fine Arts as an artist and architect. He was turned down twice.

After that, Hitler became a drifter. He stayed in Vienna, and spent his days painting at a shelter for homeless men. In 1914, at the break of World War I, Hitler traveled to Germany and enlisted as a soldier. Hitler called his years in the army, “The best years of my life.” Throughout the war, Hitler earned two Iron Crosses. He was temporarily blinded by a piece of flying shrapnel. While recovering in Germany, Hitler learned of Germany’s defeat. He was distraught.

Heartbroken, Hitler decided to stay in Germany. During his stay, Hitler found a small political party. It was a militaristic party called the German Worker’s Party. Here is where Hitler found his talent for public speaking. Hitler quickly rose to become the leader, or Fuehrer of this party. He even renamed it. Now it was the National Socialist Party. The Nazi Party. Hitler believed that this party should be the government. Hitler gathered 100 storm troopers, and leading them, singing Nazi songs marched on the government. On the way, they were met by the German police and Hitler was arrested. In jail, Hitler wrote his famous book, Mein Kampf.

Once out of jail, Hitler decided that the way to control the government was through election.; the German elections of 1939 left he Nazis in control. Organizations like Hitler Youth, and the Women’s Home Front were started. Soon, all other parties were banned, and “un-German” books were burned. Huge rallies were held. Hitler had the German people in the palm of his hand.

In September 1939, Hitler invaded Poland. World War II had begun. Hitler invaded France. Germany’s ally, Italy invaded North Africa and was fighting with the English. One thing Hitler failed at, was invading the United Kingdom. London was holding up to constant bombardment from the Luftwaffe, Germany’s Air Force. In 1941, the United States of America joined the war after an attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii by the Japanese. Hitler was not seen much after the attack on The United States. He had a giant underground bunker built in Berlin. France had been invaded and the American Army was pushing closer to Berlin. Battered by Russian mortars and bombs, Berlin was crumbling. On April 29, 1945 Hitler married his longtime mistress Eva Brown. On April 30, 1945, Hitler and Brown retired to their room, where they killed themselves. Leaving behind a legacy of horror, Hitler and Brown were cremated. Berlin fell to the Soviet Army the day after.


The author's comments:
This is a true story, and I think that ut us one to remember. I love World War II and spend all my free time studying it. I have for 7 years.