Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By Shelby McGill SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
Shelby McGill SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

McDonalds
C/o John
Dear Mr. John,
I love the food at McDonalds and decided to go get some at 11:45 pm. I pulled up to the intercom. As I was looking through the menu I saw the Chicken Selects Strips on the late-night menu, I figured since it was late at night, I could order them. I told the person working I would like the Chicken Select Strips with a side of Buffalo Sauce. I was then told I could no longer order them since it was after 11 o’clock. In this letter I am advocating, to you to improve the selection of the Late Night Menu.
I believe there are a few problems with the late night menu. First, there should be more of a selection on the menu. As of right now, there are mostly burgers on the menu. There is a fish meal, one chicken meal, and then the standard chicken nuggets. Yes, McDonalds is known for burgers, but people would enjoy McDonalds if there was more chicken on the menu. More chicken sandwiches on the late night menu would appeal to the people who don’t enjoy your burgers. This might also bring in more customers later at night, which would bring in more profit. Lastly, one change is the most important to me: I would like to be able to purchase the Chicken Select Strips after 11 o’clock. I know you will respond saying I can buy the chicken nuggets (which are pretty much the same thing). However, they are not the same. The Chicken Select Strips are the only thing I eat off of any of the afternoon and dinner menus. They are juicier and more tender then the chicken nuggets.
I would like you to take my letter into consideration. It may not mean much to you but I’m sure there are many people out there, like me, who would greatly appreciate the changes.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. If you would like to contact me you can use the address above, or you can e-mail me at
Sincerely,

Shelby