A Windy Day | Teen Ink

A Windy Day

By el-oh-el PLATINUM, Maloney Gardens, Other
el-oh-el PLATINUM, Maloney Gardens, Other

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson

There was this one day, a Sunday. In the morning the sun was shinning brighter than ever. The birds were chirping, singing their merry little tunes and flying through the sky with glee. The wind was blowing, a nice easy breeze, one that whistled the tune of humpty dumpty. The day was glorious, it was as though all in the world was well and God was pleased.
Then came noon, all the birds started flying in circles, the wind was no longer calm, it was swift like rush hour. It passed violently through the trees and it sounded more like a grr than a whistle. The wind was obviously angry. Thick dark clouds assembled in the sky and all the merry little birds flew away in terror. The sun was nowhere to be found, my thought is that it was also scared so it hid behind the clouds.
Lightening flashed and thunder rolled, BOOM! The wind began to pick up speed, I had to hold onto a lamp post to prevent flying away. People were running around frantically and screaming to the top of their lungs, cats and dogs everywhere were making this sort of high pitched noise and that's when it started raining cats and dogs.
I got soaked, obviously. As water trickled down my leg I thought I had wet myself then I realized I had bigger problems when lightening flashed so often it seemed as though someone was playing with a light switch. The wind was now roaring like a race car on the track about to take the gold and the trees were bowing down before it. At that moment I wasn't sure what was worse, listening to a tone deaf orphan sing or the thunder that now had the rhythmic boom of the song 'We Will Rock You'. terrifying
Tears whooshed off my face as the wind took the gold and my feet off the ground, I was thanking God for the lamp post when lightening struck not two feet away from me and then my blood ran cold. There I was thinking that I'm about to die when the sun started peaking at me from behind a cloud.
The cats and dogs returned to Heaven, thunder and lightening packed their bags and the wind slowed down to stop and greet the fans. One by one the tree returned to their original positions, my feet to the ground and light to the day. The storm had died and the trees were mourning it's death with a slow dance, the birds were singing, the sun was watching over everything and the wind was just passing by.

This was an english assignment I changed it a bit before handing in thought but I got 27/35