Friendship Set On Fire | Teen Ink

Friendship Set On Fire

By Color*My*World BRONZE, Bellows Falls, Vermont
Color*My*World BRONZE, Bellows Falls, Vermont

He had been my best friend since the beginning of the school year. We had every class together, and eventually we began to do every thing together. Class project? You could bet we’d be partners. We had gotten so close that teachers knew something was wrong if we weren’t together. Friends would comment, saying, “Are you guys together yet?!”. We would always laugh and shrug it off. No point in romance, plus, I had a boyfriend, and he dated occasionally. Somewhere towards the end of my boyfriend and my relationship I started going though problems. My boyfriend cheated on me. I just couldn’t take it. It was the second time that he’d told me and I just couldn’t trust him anymore. The break up was horrible. I still loved him, I still do, But I just couldn’t live with the thought I wasn’t enough for him. My best friend was still there for me though. He never told me everything would be alright, because he knew it wouldn’t be, life has to have problems. What he did do was give me friendship, and possibly love. Two weeks after my break up, he told me he liked me, and I admitted I liked him back. We’re still together, and it might possibly be the best relationship I’ve ever been in. He doesn’t pressure me to say ‘I love you’ because I don’t know about that word yet. He also doesn’t pressure me for sex. It’s pretty much us just being best friends, except now we’re allowed to hold hands.

SkaterGurl17 GOLD, Jasper, Georgia
this is really goooood : )