The Letter I Never Sent | Teen Ink

The Letter I Never Sent

July 26, 2009
By camille_1441 PLATINUM, Westerville, Ohio
camille_1441 PLATINUM, Westerville, Ohio
31 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Dear You,

If you ever feel like asking why exactly I wrote this, don't because I don't have an answer. Sometimes in the middle of my own thoughts I think of you and it's not pleasent the way it used to be it's heartbreaking, one minute I'm remembering us together at our best moments and the next I remember something else, like when you broke my heart over and over, every time I wanted you to chase after me and tell me you messed up but you didn't, like a bad dream I can't wake up from, they say your first heartbreak is the worst but I couldn't tell you if that's proven, I'd think the second would hurt worse, or the third, maybe each one hurts a little more then the last. I know one thing is certian about all of it, Love is worth all of it, if I had to do it all over I wouldn't. Sometimes I think your gonna come back, that it's not the end, then I hate you for it because if you do come back I won't know what to do this time, dating you again would be like breaking my own heart, hurting myself by letting you hurt me.

It kills me to say that I am still hurt, I keep waiting for the day when i wake up and none of it matters anymore, a day when I won't think about one of your smiles or one of our kisses, about you at all, it's like you are a constant reminder of the fact that we had nothing in common but the fact that we really cared about eachother.

But of you wanted to call you would have, if you liked me enough i would have been introduced to your parents as your girlfriend, you would have kissed my in the halls not acted like I didn't exsist anymore.

So maybe everything I've ever thoguht is wrong, maybe the first love is the hardest and maybe your alaway going to haunt me like a beautiful dream I want to forget.

Please don't write back,

Me


The author's comments:
This is probably the most intense and the most personal piece of work i have ever submitted to Teen Ink because it's a letter I wrote to my first heartbreak but never sent. Umm...Please please enjoy, rate, comment, tell me your stories, I'm really anxious to have this thing out in the open and get some feedback.