Love is blind | Teen Ink

Love is blind

By strawberrybailley SILVER, Elizabeth, North Carolina
strawberrybailley SILVER, Elizabeth, North Carolina

Do me wrong once shame on you Do me wrong twice shame on me!

He said he cared, He said he loved me, He said everyone was lying and that he wasn’t like that. Would you believe him? I did. When my friends would say He’s no good for you, He’s using you, He doesn’t care about you. I would ignore them and say they didn’t know him like I did. Would you of listen to them? I didn’t. When he was messing around with a close friend of mine I still denied whatever anyone said. I would always ask him. Do you even care about me? And he would say, “Yes”. When I would ask is it true? He would say “No”. I believed him. When he said we were going to go out I believed him. Whatever it was that he did or said I would always forgive him. I never saw his faults only the good. I was in love until one day my whole world came crashing down. I lost the one guy I ever loved and my best friend. I had my own suspicions about him liking my So-called best friend so when my friends told me they were getting close I believed them! I asked Her “is there anything going on? “ She said “No” I asked her “Do you like Him?” She said “No”. Apparently no one knows how to tell the truth anymore these days because that was complete bulls***. The very next day after asking her there it was broadcasted across their foreheads they were going out. I was distraught there the first person I ever trusted with anything and everything was going out with the only guy I ever loved. How would you feel? The way I felt was indescribable. I felt so broken and used. There was a knot in my stomach a lump in my throat tears in my eyes and they all wanted to know one thing. “Why?” Why did they do this to me? What did I do to deserve it? I can’t figure it out. I can’t figure out why I let it go on for so long. I let him use me for over six months. For anyone that has experienced this, this heartbreak. I am truly and deeply sorry I know it is everything it is made out to be and more No one can ever know how much it really hurts you inside not even your closest friend. Love truly is blind. You have no idea what you get into until it is too late. Until you are left broken.

This is a very touchy subject for me it happened my so-called best friend went out with the guy i was in love with and it just broke me. You never know how strong you are until you finally break.