OP-ED: Why is boarding school a dark secret? Thus, further down. | Teen Ink

OP-ED: Why is boarding school a dark secret? Thus, further down.

January 21, 2023
By Roshcard_the_tower BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Roshcard_the_tower BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
he will make a blank, he stares as the night falls in my dreams as the waterfall showers from my eyes, while in a cold pain through the treachery of love as who will never be free from his cage..


Being a young kid who wants to learn more about the secrets and the past from time to time being. Our mind is filled with curiosity about our developments. This can be quite a witness if we imagine yourself as a file searcher or detective, I shall say it is now my turn to have these discoveries!

We still wouldn't know what's behind the mystery. This can be hidden like in dense forest from the inside honey pot that we try eating for, and pull through its deep. But yet we don't know what's really inside that's being put in our hands. 

Like I said, in my opinion the point of history when the evidence has been brought to us as historians, is when people do bad stuff. Which is why hearing about these stories and rumors. I feel so sorry for those childrens being trapped in schools like a prison how we view schools as prison.


 In the documentary it says “well over a century and saw tens of thousands of families torn apart as childrens were kidnapped” since this has already been told. The childrens were technically taken away from their family, and throughout history. Since the mass casualties within a timeline, 4,130 childrens have died from the residential school they have been forced to be in, and they're punished for speaking their native tongue and other traditions. 

              This is during the time when Europeans moved in as they conquered more lands after the great american civil war as it reflects the US itself. because more lands they took from natives have to move north. And the natives were rebels and they tried to fight for their lands.

Another thing about that history is that not just Canada has a boarding school but everywhere that has it for native americans.

 I learned a lot more in school thanks to ms. Johnson, and mr. Estrada who introduced me to these things. The crazy fact from the government is that places like Arizona, have kept the special books away from preventing children from learning history. Which is a geographical ethnic studies. 

And it's a reason why Arizona must confront the boarding schools. In that area It has 47 federal boarding schools for young natives. After the gold rush has happened. They have many reasons why the conflict has started and many people have an opportunity to do that crap. Here's the quote.“ kill the indians, and save the men” which is hella dark. Which is why everything is a psychological abuse just like the nuns...

As an audience or the eyes of people viewing this. This might make us question history. Since the whites came across from the globe, the best part no one even noticed from history's pinocchio nose.

This is the reason why i wanna tell u how things started at the same time before boarding school and it's from TCI as well.


The author's comments:

this is the revise from the things i have learn from the past since i didn't know what my OP-ED was. I decided to make my very own in my first draft. it was completely something else and it happens when i over right and went to another world i get lost somewhere. so to this day i decide to fix and renew it as the boarding school which probably makes sense for the dark history.