My Most Exciting Age | Teen Ink

My Most Exciting Age

By user4597 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
user4597 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Being sixteen years old gave me so many responsibilities. As a sixteen-year-old in 2022, most of my money comes from my job. Money, to me, is as important as my siblings, kind of… If I had no money I would not be able to do anything in life, and I know that my parents wouldn’t pay for everything for me… Maybe. Being a senior next year I have to save up for college. 

When I am twenty-one, I think it will be my favorite year. When I am twenty-one I will hopefully be going to school for cosmetology, or who knows, maybe I will be done with it and I will be working for my mom. I will also legally be able to do almost everything because I am an official adult. As an adult, I can legally drink alcohol. Although alcohol is not good, or a plus, it is good that it is something I can do legally. I can legally rent a car. This would be useful when I travel all over the world, and need a rental car. I can legally obtain a concealed carry weapon/get a license. This could play a very important factor in my life for multiple reasons, most of them being to keep myself safe. I can legally adopt a child. Which will help me because I would never push a baby out of me in a million years!

Between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one there are many things I have to take on. Currently, I am sixteen years old. I just received my driver's license about 4 months ago. Within those 4 months, I have driven all different types of vehicles, from my dad’s Jeep, to my mom’s SUV to my own stick shift VW bug. Almost all of my friends have no idea how to drive stick shift, which I think is cool that I do, but I also struggle with it a lot. I also will be a senior in high school next year. That means I have to start looking at colleges, getting my volunteer hours in, working my butt off to make money, and so many more challenging adventures, all of which I can’t wait to start. 

Being the oldest girl in my family, besides my mom of course, I have been the big sister to my little sister that I wish I had. Before I was born, my parents had lost a daughter. A daughter in which I would consider my big sister. Although it sucks, I have learned how to cope with it and I realized that everything happens for a reason. My sister is 2 years younger than me and I can tell she is going to be just like me when I was her age, a brat and self absorbed. I have grown out of that stage and hopefully she does too because gosh she is so annoying! 

Sometimes I think about how when I am twenty-one, I will most likely be living alone and doing things on my own, which is even more scary than a big bad bear. I know twenty-one will come in the blink of an eye.

I am really excited to be a senior in high school.