Video Game Consoles | Teen Ink

Video Game Consoles

January 9, 2023
By Anonymous

Video Game Consoles

Video games to me are one of the most important things in my life. Video games make me happy and it allows me to talk to people and get social with everyone. One of my very best friends and I play video games together everyday because we live pretty far away from each other and video games are one of the ways we talk and hang out together. Playing video games is a really common thing in my friend group because playing video games with each other makes us happy.

Me and video games go way back. When I was younger I always just watched my dad and my brothers just play video games. Then one day I picked up the controller then started playing. My very first video game console I played on was the playstation 2. That video console started my love for video games. I still remember my very first video game I played and it was StarWars BattleFront II on the playstation 2. I played this game for hours because it was so fun to play. My brothers used to think they were better than me at video games but I was just going easy on them and now I just don’t care anymore about them so I just win on purpose now.

I am so glad I grew up with the Wii. The Wii is probably one of my favorite video game consoles. This is because it easily had some of the best games of all time. It had Wii sports, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Kart, Sylander, etc. It was just always a blast playing these games with my brothers. No matter what when we played these games it was either for fun or it was for competition. I remember this one we made a challenge where if we didn’t get a home run in mario super sluggers would have to drink Kool-aid but it had no sugar in it so it just tasted horrible and it was just so much fun. We still to this day bring out the Wii to play some of these games for nostalgia. 

Alright now is the time for Probably my number one console of all time, and it is the playstation three. If i had to choose one console that I would play for the rest of my life I would easily pick the playstation three. The reason why is because the playstation three really got me into the first person shooter games. My top two favorite games are on the playstation three which is Black Ops one and two. Most of my childhood were these two games. Me and my brothers always played together and always faced each other and that was when me and my one brother got too serious and always played to see who is the best at the game. 

The playstation four is when video games took a turn for the best. This is because they added a playstation party to the console. This feature allows you to create a call with your friends and talk to them. This console was the one that really connected me and my friends' friendship. Also the games on the playstation four were amazing. The playstation four created so many good memories with my friends that could have never happened if I never got into video games. This is why video games to me are one of the most important things in my life.


The author's comments:

This is about all the video game consoles that i have owned and how they affected me.