Vincent Van Gogh | Teen Ink

Vincent Van Gogh

July 13, 2022
By AbdullahAkber BRONZE, Lahore, Other
AbdullahAkber BRONZE, Lahore, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments


Vincent van Gogh's lifetime was very short, around 37 years, or 1853 to 1890. He loved painting colorful pictures but he was a depressed man. He hadn’t sold any of his paintings to the public at his time but now everyone is copying his work and it is loved and admired by artists, tourists, and others. In his younger months, he used to sleep in a wooden crib with all sorts of designs such as missing shapes and most modern-day Spanish designs. He was born in the same crib and born in Holland or the Netherlands. Holland is located across the English channel northeast of France and northwest of Germany. Holland was famous for windmills. There was one outside of Vincent's house and you could see it through the window. Holland is flat and windy so it was perfect for windmills. Flowers were all around Holland and there were loads in Vincent's house, especially tulips. Vincent's father is called Theodoris and he is a Christian preacher, he works in a church in his village that may be nearby. He has read the bible every day which had made him memorize it. His mother's name was Anna.

A few days after he was born she started knitting clothes and other things may be for Vincent and his brother. When Vincent was 8 . years old he went to a school near his house at recess he didn’t enjoy it much with the other kids he liked to be alone there was a lot to see. He was much happier staring at the fields at the brightly colored tulips. Sometimes he looked for beetles or spiders or just watched birds, as an artist needed some inspiration before painting. After he had finished school he needed to get a job. So his uncle helped him to get his first job working in his art gallery in the Hague, one of Holland's biggest cities, the gallery bought and sold paintings and many drawings. It was here that Vincent started to learn about art and artists and what they painted and where to get inspiration.

After a few years, Vincent got extremely bored and started looking for new professions. He became a teacher in a boarding school in England just across the English channel was Holland again not too far he taught french, german and English, on a visit home to holland to visit his parents he began to read the bible everyday just as his father, after this he decided he wanted to be a preacher but it didn’t work out. He had tried lots of jobs but none of them worked. Until Painting, he wanted to show what he had seen. That was the only thing that worked. So he went to an art school to learn how to Paint. Then he couldn’t stop painting. It was like he could paint Holland because of its incredible scenery. But after painting for a while he went to go and live with his brother Theo in Paris. He brought his equipment and went to Paris.

There were good painters in Paris (One famous one was Claude Monet but it's not about him it's about van Gogh) his brother Theo made Vincent meet these painters. Photographs looked so good so painters wanted to do even better. Vincent was one of them. Paul Gogan was a famous painter and he shook Vincent's hand and once, They became friends. He and his brother were very close but Vincent was always messy while Theo always cleaned up. Vincent started missing Holland. He wanted to go back but he needed more sunshine in his paintings so he headed south to arles. He started to paint supercalifragilisticexpialidocious paintings. He painted his bedroom in Arles. Vincent painted fields and he loved sunflowers. He painted a nice picture for his friend Paul. He was happy but was now feeling rather gloomy.

When Paul came to Arles they started painting but Argued way more he thought he was better than Vincent which got him mad. Out of depression he just cut off his ear. He knew he needed help so he lived in the local hospital but he still painted. He is still sad though. Now he doesn't want to paint anymore. but then in the hospital, he made the single greatest painting ever Starry night everyone knows it and what was even more impressive he did it from his memory. His brother Theo had always taken care of him lends him money and they wrote letters to each other that said that Vincent should live near him. So Vincent settled in users. Theo knew a nice kind doctor who could look after him. His name was doctor Gashee and he loved art.

Vincent drew a portrait of doctor Gashee. He painted a lot at the doctor's place but nothing was working he was still gloomy. One hot night he decided to go for a walk in the woods one last time. Vincent had shot himself at age 37. He had to do it because he was so depressed he couldn’t do anything. The only weird thing nobody liked Vincent's paintings at all but today everyone admires and adores them. The ones painted by Vincent Van Gogh.