Product Review: MetaMask | Teen Ink

Product Review: MetaMask

June 10, 2022
By SOL_TO_THE_MOON_1K_SOON_WE_RICH BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
SOL_TO_THE_MOON_1K_SOON_WE_RICH BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

The crypto wallet for Defi, Web3 Dapps and NFTs. Ethereum is one of the biggest crypto chains producing millions of transactions a day and hundreds of billions of dollars in market cap. If you are involved in crypto, you know the universal wallet that almost everyone uses to interact on the blockchain, MetaMask. 


Within the Ethereum network, transactions are made on a day-to-day basis. It would be in the users best interest to have a quick, easy, and pleasing to the eye app that assists consumers to complete their transactions. 


And after using countless wallets, I have concluded that MetaMask is by far the best one with their tens of millions of users and a sleek user interface.


One of the many things this wallet provides, that makes it stand out apart from everyone else, is the no KYC laws in place. This means that people under 18 like myself can freely use the wallet and do as they please. Since there are no age restrictions, it allows people who are not 18 yet to get a headstart on their early endeavors of crypto investing. 


This also leads to a truly “anonymous” experience, which means you cannot be traced. It also has a built-in integration with “tornado.cash”, a popular crypto mixer site which helps anonymize your crypto. In the blockchain, all transactions are recorded on the public ledger so it's easily accessible and viewable by anyone. These mixers basically take large deposits, usually of the same amount and disperse them to a completely fresh wallet. 


An example of this innovative feature being used is, on any given day there will be thousands of deposits to the smart contract for 0.1 ETH and the same for withdrawals. But, when you withdraw it to a fresh wallet, there are so many possible options from where the initial deposit came from, since it is a huge pool. Therefore, making it so no one can possibly track. 


Other wallets like Coinbase do not offer this confidentiality and require KYC laws. On top of those two disincentives, other wallets take out a bigger transaction fee. For example Coinbase charges a 1% transaction fee and a flat fee of up to $2.99 per trade, while Metamask only charges a 0.875% fee.


Lastly, this wallet is easily accessible for on-the-go, whether you are on iOS or Android, Metamask supports both. Due to the easily accessible wallet, you are able to buy NFTs and make any transaction you please with a touch of a button. This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to perks you get when using Metamask over other wallets. If you are looking for a good ethereum wallet, I would 100% recommend MetaMask.