Favorite Season Essay | Teen Ink

Favorite Season Essay

What is your favorite season? Well mine is summer because of all the things people can do and the weather is amazing unlike winter. Warm weather and fresh air is so much better because you can do anything outside besides being trapped inside. First I will talk about why my favorite season is summer. Secondly, why would I choose summer over spring, fall, or winter? Therefore, what do I do in the summer? Finally, what is my favorite thing to do in the summer? A Lot of people do many things that fit what they love to do. For example, go camping, hangout with family, go to a fair, or kings island. 

First of all, Why is my favorite season summer? Well it is because I like the warm weather and being able to be outside. Being able to be outside makes me feel a lot happier than being inside. I feel as if I'm stuck and can’t do anything while inside. In the summer I do many things and do many activities to have fun and take up as much time to do stuff before the summer officially ends. That is the worst part of summer when it ends, but anyways I go fishing, camping, play basketball, and swim. I like fishing the most because I have been fishing since I was 1. I have caught many fish from small to medium to huge. Summer is my favorite because it is where my happiest memories are and my whole body and mind feels peaceful, but in winter I feel stuck in a loop because I'm inside all the time. Most people choose summer because the outdoors is peaceful and happy too, like families gathered around campfires, kids playing with friends, and sounds like crickets at night or lawnmowers and birds chirping in the day. Overall it is mainly the weather, being off school, being free, and hanging out with friends. 

Secondly, why would I choose summer over spring, fall, or winter? ` There are many ways to tell people why someone would choose summer over anything else but I will tell you what reasons I would choose. I would prefer summer because there is no school, no worrying about life, having fun with friends, and doing many activities to keep busy. Some of the activities I do are go fishing, play basketball, and camp. I mostly play basketball and walk around the campground. I love summer the most because I can do many things without having to do school because that is most of my life, school, it has a big effect on people’s lives but sometimes it doesn’t even help with real world problems. When I am out doing different things I do not worry about what the future holds, what the next day will look like, or how the summer will end. I go day by day and I make the most out of each one of them so my summers will be unforgettable. 

Therefore, what do I do in the summer? I like to do a lot of things but I mostly go fishing, camping, play basketball, go camping, hangout with friends and family, and swim. There are so many things I do but I camp all summer then do all of those things. I also have a summer job which gets me money but also keeps me busy and it is a lot of fun to do. I load and unload canoes and kayaks whether it is dropping people off at the mile they go to on the river or going out in the water and getting them because they are ending their trip. Working on the river is my favorite part of the summer because I get free canoeing and I meet new people each day. When I go down the river there is always a rope swing after we go through the rapids, I always swing onto that into the water. Everyone takes turns swinging around then we move on to the next adventure. Anyways that is just one thing I prefer to do over the summer otherwise it is staying up all night fishing for catfish. The biggest catfish I have caught is 50 pounds, that was the best memory in my childhood. Each summer there is always a new adventure or surprise that happens and it is always the best summer. 

Finally, What is my favorite thing to do in the summer? My favorite thing to do in the summer is to go fishing or hangout with friends and do all the other activities with them. The thing about fishing is that it takes all your thoughts away and it calms you down in a way most things can’t. It helps you have patience for things, and if you break off from a fish you learn that you have to move on from your mistakes and hope for another chance. I think that fishing can give you lessons in life if you think about it that way, otherwise it is a very fun hobby. The most fun thing about fishing is learning about all the different knots for hooks, learning about where fish can be or not be according to the weather, and last but not least figuring out the colors of lures to use with clear, murky, or muddy water. The rush of adrenaline when you have a bigger fish on like a carp, catfish, or bass is the best feeling ever because in the end you can either lose the fish or bring it in for pictures. Going out on a boat is a lot more fun than land fishing because you can cover more water and find more fish of many different sizes. Land fishing is fun because you get to walk around or just sit there and enjoy your time with whoever or by yourself. I hangout with my friends and do a lot of different things like going to the mall, playing basketball, swimming, going to a fair, riding bikes and many other things. So my overall thing to do is fish because that is more of a me time during the summer. 

In conclusion, I chose to write about why my favorite season was summer? Why? I”m not completely sure but it is something that I can write about for a while. The things that I talked about was, First I will talk about why my favorite season is summer. Secondly, why would I choose summer over spring, fall, or winter? Therefore, what do I do in the summer? Last but not least, what is my favorite thing to do in the summer?  I like talking about summer because it is the best time of year. For example, kids don’t have school, kids are free to do any activity like swim, fish, kayak, hangout with friends, and many other things. I hope this piece of writing helped explaining how summer could be your favorite season too!

It is very in detail about my summer.