Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

October 7, 2021
By username1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
username1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My manager always told me that my name is related to the trojan horse. The horse that was built out of wood, housing soldiers. It was pushed a long way in the desert to defeat their enemies. 

Troy comes from Greek origin and means “foot soldier”. Sometimes I feel like a “foot soldier” and a warrior. There are times that I feel like I can conquer anything I need to do, like tackling my homework. Troy also is an Irish name and spelled Troye. This spelling to me is rather funky. 

My name reminds me of a sand color. The Trojans  had to pull that horse through the sand, and my grandparents' horses always ran in the sand. It also reminds me of the color blue from the skys that my  flight instructor and I fly through. Hearing the engine of a plane that is in front of me is thrilling.

My name sounds like the wind blowing through the air while hearing the engine of the plane.  I think of the number 1800 because every time we start the plane it has to get up to 1800 rpms without any problems before being cleared.

I’m happy with just being Troy, and will cherish my name forever. Troy is not a very common name, which I like. The name fits me, and I don't expect to change my name any time soon. 

I am a  sky high warrior at heart.