March 2, 2009 | Teen Ink

By GunterPee BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee
GunterPee BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee

The night before Thanksgiving, I talked to him on the phone from around 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. I couldn't stop. He kept asking if I wanted to go to sleep because I'd told him the truth before-that on most nights, I barely make it 'til 9. It was so easy to talk to him. We talked about everything that night. Serious stuff, like he's brother that was killed in the womb. Even silly stuff, he was traveling to visit family in Ohio and made a comment that the grass wasn't blue. (I later informed him that Kentucky is actually the blue grass state) I still smile thinking about it. That night he also asked if I liked him. I didn't know what to say. I was so nervous. I tried playing it off, and cooly said, "I dunno, I think you're really nice and cool though!" Here's the kicker! He said, "You're really nice and cool too. And pretty!" My heart stopped, the rest of the night was filled with compliments like that one towards me. So sweet, I'd never heard. The following Friday, we were dating and I was the happiest girl alive. Looking back, I was super excited to be his girlfriend. And don't get me wrong, it was WONDERFUL. But I miss his friendship the most and for some reason, I can't get it back.

I'd love some feedback.