Do you eat crab? | Teen Ink

Do you eat crab?

May 24, 2009
By Alyssa(: PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
Alyssa(: PLATINUM, Arvada, Colorado
20 articles 2 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust noone but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
— Marilyn Monroe


We eat crab all the time, some of us may eat it every day. We may just think its simple. You catch a fish, use the fish as bait and catch a crab. Send it in to get cut, killed, and sold to be used in food or as is, but if you see, its not that easy.

Besides the regular, basic fuel fill-ups, almost all of the ships need repairs from as little as a leaking pipe to as big of an issue as propeller troubles. If a crabing ship is in need of a main engine repair its a bigger task. You would have to cut a hole in the side of the boat just to take out the old engine and take the new one in which is extra money coming out their pockets to weld the hole part of the boat back on. Sometimes the whole deck of a crab boat needs repair which can have ups and downs. Either ups, such as they can make more deck than before for more pods or they have downs which is it may be smaller than before.

The author's comments:
After watching a popular TV show, "Deadliest Catch" I got inspired to write this because of all the hard work and even deaths is out into this.