What Teachers and Parents don't see... | Teen Ink

What Teachers and Parents don't see...

By strawberrybailley SILVER, Elizabeth, North Carolina
strawberrybailley SILVER, Elizabeth, North Carolina

Do me wrong once shame on you Do me wrong twice shame on me!

School is much more than a place you go to be educated although that is the main purpose. From the very first second you step into High school your freshmen year your whole life changes. You can’t just go to school, have no worries, just have fun and learn. When you hit your freshmen year things change. You go from laughing over silly little things and thinking boys have coodies, not wanting them to touch you to fighting over every little stupid thing imaginable and wanting the boys to notice you and touch you. Going to school these Day’s means going to a place where you have to always be on your guard. A place where you go and you get judged and ridiculed. Going to school day after day getting picked on and being talked about as if you are a nothing. Getting to the point of not wanting anything in life being so down on yourself that you don’t want to go to school anymore. I have like that not wanted to go to school because I knew what was going to happen each and everyday. The main Reason anyone will get like that is because of a simple 5-letter word “Drama”. This Drama is usually started by people that don’t have anything better to do than ridicule other people on their faults just to make themselves feel good. These people think that It isn’t a bog deal but they don’t realize how much it could really effect someone. Kids today don’t go to school to juts learn when they go they are scared. Everything that teen’s are exposed to these days, the drama and criticizing, The gangs and violence, The drugs. School isn’t the same as it was before it has changed drastically and for the worse. Teachers and Parents don’t see any of that and what they do see they put aside as if it doesn’t matter not realizing what an impact it has on our lives.

Thank you, I agree Strongly on what you said distant_dreamer about having to pretend to be someone you are not. Although, The majority of students in high school do do this. I am of the minority and try not to be at least anymore. Being among the youngest in my class I am among   the first who realized It is not about fitting in anymore when you reach high school It is about being yourself and pursuing your goals and dreams meanwhile not letting anyone stand in the way of your pursuit of happiness.

kidlet612 PLATINUM, Sterling Heights, Michigan
i agree with this, very well written, however i would put in some paragraphs so the reader has an easier time enjoying it. very good though, and so-so true! it sounds like my high school haha

Just_Background_Noise BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
I feel differently about the way school has changed. Yes, it has changed, but not all schools are bad and have drugs or gangs. To me, this is should be in opinions and not in nonfiction.

Katrselyn said...
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
true dat

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

This is very true. Great job, though I would suggest revising a little and putting it into paragraphs to make it more easiy to read your piece.

ZERO

Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Amazing...I'm still in shock over it. You said the pure truth and I loved it.

Keep writing!

distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire

"Life's a climb, but the view is great!"

I love this, it is So true!!! School is supposed to be fun, and a place to be yourself, but instead it's a place where you have to usually be somebody you don't want to be, and act the "right" way just to be excepted by people who don't even give a thought towards you. Again this VERY GOOD!! I give it 5 stars! Keep on writing, we need people like you who can write the truth! Great Job!!!!!