My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

By TheBoy2020 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
TheBoy2020 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Ethan. In Hebrew Ethan means “Strong”, “Safe” and “Firm”. In the bible Ethan was a wise man but not as wise as Soloman. The name Ethan brings a feeling of happiness like the feeling you get when you see your best friend.

The name Ethan has not been really used in my life because it doesn't roll off the tongue like my last name. The name Ethan is like a very strong rock that stays at its post even through strong winds.

Ethan is like a bright color, something like a bright red. The color red represents blood, which shows the hard work that the name Ethan shows with having to put your blood, sweat and tears into everything you do. Ethan is like a rough feeling. The rough feeling shows hard work. Ethan is like the rough feeling of callused hands hard at work, scratches and many scares. 

I have always wanted to change my name, to Justin. The biggest reason for why I would like to change my name to Justin is because the person I really look up to is J.J. Watt and if I changed my first name to Justin my name would be J.J. because my middle name is James with me having the middle name James coming from my father and it also coming from his dad, but I will keep my name Ethan because it fits who I am.

This is FOR SCHOOL!