Should Christians Celebrate Christmas and Easter? | Teen Ink

Should Christians Celebrate Christmas and Easter?

By Mr.packerbear12 SILVER, Minnesota Lake, Minnesota
Mr.packerbear12 SILVER, Minnesota Lake, Minnesota

"Judge lest not you be judged"

"Take the plank out of your own eye before the speck out of your brother's"

"live each day as if it's your last"

"God doesn't give you what you can handle, He helps you handle what you are given"

The time of year everyone has been waiting for is now here, with the traditions that you hold so dear and near to your hearts.. Are they not harmless traditions passed on through family from generation to generation? The answer is no, Those whom believe in the Bible should not celebrate Christmas and Easter because the Bible speaks against pagan worship, setting up a tree, and human sacrifices, which is exactly what Christmas and Easter are, pagan.

The Bible itself speaks against Christmas, here's the proof.

Hear ye the word which Yahweh speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: Thus

saith Yahweh, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of

heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for

one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it

move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne,

because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it

in them to do good.(Jeremiah 10:1-5, KJV)

Sure sounds a lot like a Christmas tree, does it not? Christmas has been around a lot longer than Christianity has, making you wonder, what are the origins of Christmas? Many will say to this, “But I don't worship my tree.” What are you doing when you go down to pick up a present from a tree? You are bending over, an act of bowing. Should this not be evident?

Furthermore, taking a look at the pagan origins of this holiday. In the Encyclopedia Romana(Sol Invictus and Christmas) it says that, “VIII Kal. Jan. (December 25) is annotated N INVICTI CM XXX. Although the dedication is uncertain (as no deity is identified by name), the presumption is that Natalis Invicti refers to the birthday of the Invincible Sun and foundation of the temple on that date, which in the Julian calendar is the winter solstice, the shortest day of year, after which days begin to lengthen and lighten.” So wait, the “Birthday of the Invincible Sun” Is this sun worship? Trees, presents, family gatherings, all come back to sun worship on 12/25. Another pagan thing, Santa was named after the the pagan god of Asia Minor, Nimrod. He was the fire god who was known for coming down chimneys and burned babies and the people ate them, this was a human sacrificial ceremony. Interesting enough, “Old Nick” is the term to refer to the devil as, which is where St. Nicholas comes from, Revelation 2:6 states: “But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.” Nicolaitanes literally means the followers of Nicholas. Breaking the word down, Nikos means conquer or destroyer, while Laos means people. So the word means people who follow the destroyer, and who would that be? None other than Nimrod, not so pleasant is it? (Pack, True Origin of Christmas)

How about Jesus compared to Santa? The similarities are shocking, they both have white hair, a beard, wears read apparel, hour of coming is a mystery, the north is where they both live, both carpenters, both come as a thief in the night, both omnipotent, both all-knowing, both omnipresent, both live forever, both givers of truth..are believers teaching children that Santa is the Messiah? Seems logical at this point.(Spirit World, Jesus Vs. Santa)

Interesting enough, Christmas was illegal in the city of Boston, Massachusetts. The Puritans knew that this was a pagan holiday and should not have been celebrated, it was illegal for 22 years.(Danko, Christmas Banned in Boston)

So, after knowing that the Christmas tree, sun worship, the worship of Nimrod, and the comparison of Jesus and Santa Claus it is concluded that this holiday is pagan, there is nothing spiritual in it, except for what man has added which was reading scripture about Jesus' birth but little knowing that it was in honor of a pagan holiday.

Furthermore, looking at a verse in the Bible against pagan worship. Deuteronomy 12:29-32 says, “When Yahweh thy Elohim shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. Thou shalt not do so unto the Yahweh thy Elohim: for every abomination to Yahweh, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”

So what exactly does that mean then? “for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.” Does that not sound like a sacrifice to the fire god, Nimrod? Some more verses, Matthew 15:3 “He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of Yahweh for the sake of your tradition?” Why then are people keeping their traditions over worshiping Yahweh the way he tells believers to?

On to Easter, starting with the name alone, Easter comes from the European goddess Eostre, which derived from the Babylonian god Astarte, also known as Ishtar. This god was the god of fertility, and ironically enough was celebrated in the spring of the year. Ishtar is the mother of Tammuz who was thought to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god. So so far, Easter is a holiday of fertility and the resurrection of Tammuz. Sounds like the Easter story of Jesus, does it not?(Aust, What Are the Origins of Easter?)

Moving on to Easter eggs, what is its origin? The mystic egg of Babylon hatched Venus Ishtar which fell from heaven into the Euphrates river(Bonwick, 211-212). Dyed eggs where very sacred and where used as offerings. This is because the spring is known as the season of birth.

Now the Easter Bunny, how does a bunny lay an egg? This doesn't seem logical. The reason is because the hare is a well-known symbol for fertility, and so is the egg. Can you believe it? A holiday surrounded by fertility? Sure doesn't sound like how the Creator wanted people to worship Him, does it?

Furthermore, human sacrifices are done starting on “Good Friday” at 12:01 AM through Easter Sunday. This is also why Easter lands on a first Full Moon of the year, which is the spring equinox, a satanic high day.(David, Liberty High Days) Why then should believers follow such a satanic day? Full of fertility and human sacrifice?

Now some Bible verses against human sacrifice. Deuteronomy 18:10 “There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer” 2 Kings 21:16 “And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of Yahweh, provoking him to anger.” Notice, Deuteronomy says not to sacrifice your children, now 2 Kings is talking about someone who burned his son as an offering, and Yahweh was angry with him. See, Yahweh does not like human sacrifices, so why would He want His followers practicing holidays that are associated with human sacrifice?

Yahweh does not want us associated with these pagan rituals and wants us to follow Him in spirit and in truth, when getting closer to the truth the road gets narrower, and we must continue to look forward, and get further into His truth.

Many will say, “I'm not doing it with human sacrifices, and I'm not putting up a tree for fertility, and I'm not doing Easter eggs for fertility.” But how can this be? Here's a verse: Leviticus 10:1-3 “Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before Yahweh, contrary to his command. So fire came out from the presence of Yahweh and consumed them, and they died before Yahweh. Moses then said to Aaron, “This is what Yahweh spoke of when he said:“‘Among those who approach me I will be proved holy; in the sight of all the people I will be honored.’””

Nadab and Abihu did it out of their hearts but it was not what Yahweh commanded, so should we burn a strange incense, or should we serve Him the way He told us to? Deuteronomy 13:4, 4 “It is Yahweh your Elohim you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.”

Take this seriously, it is a matter that needs to be addressed

BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

Okayy.... I have to hand it to you, you sure seem like you've thought a lot about this and been very thourough with your research. I respect your opinion but that does not mean that i agree with it. You cannout be generelizing all pagan cultures as ones that promote or even belive in human sacfrifice. Being from a pagan culture, i find that very offensive. It make me wonder if you are driven by a pagan culuture in it;s archaic sense. You do realie that religions and culutres have a way of evolving and moving past what is written in holy books. also, you need to be a bit careful and avoid typos such as "wears read apparel" As I said, i respect your point of view but you need to see if your written word wouldbe offensive to other people as well.

"Judge lest not you be judged"

"live each day as if it's your last"

No, I don't mean that all Wiccans do sacrifice people..but their are weird cults out there that do. Also, thank you very much for the positive feedback:) I'll make sure to check out your stuff!

thenaturalmystic PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin

"thunder only happens when its raining players only love you when they're playing"
(STEVIE NICKS)

being of the wiccan background i find it very intresting that you took the time to do the research and effort into writing the peice. however i would like to note that i do not believe in the existence of a satan because it is related to the christian faith. and we do not sacrifice people. but i like the peice because you use the term Yaweh to refer to god and that alone is awesome. most people do not know the term, and the research that you put into the peice is quite factual and amazing. happy writing!  

"Judge lest not you be judged"

"live each day as if it's your last"

You know what I find interesting about your reply? That your bashing me, and I've yet to bash you, just a thought;) As for being a pharisee, it is talking about following the Talmud, the oral law of the J.ews(make sure to put a period to avoid filter issues), which was contrary to the Torah which is why the Messiah spoke against it. He didn't come to abolish the Law of the Prophets but to fulfill it. I think you will find this video interesting as it speaks of the misconceptions of Paul's writings. It is an act, so it keeps you interested. Go to TeenInk.com/forums?act=post&topic_id=19&thread_id=78098 and follow the instructions there, let me know what you think:)

"Judge lest not you be judged"

"live each day as if it's your last"

I understand completely! Like, that was how we celebrated it too, but I don't know something didn't feel right about it so we stopped celebrating them but go as your convictions from God lead you:)

Silence_is_a_Virtue BRONZE, Orient, Ohio

"There is a darkness in every person, as there is a light, one must only remember to turn it on.."

IT looks likes you did alot of research on this, but do you alwyas look at things so black and white? Because when i look at the world there is a varying shade of gray everywhere.   When you make Christmas into an Idol, as God was warning against in Jeremiah, then it is a problem. Christian Grew to accept the paganistic likeness of winter festivals at the time Christmas was coming about. Christmas hadn;t always been there, the tradtitions and some customs, maybe, but not Christmas itself. You sound like a smart kid, im not bashing what you think, its an enitrerly plausible thought. But before you go bashing the holidays, look at what they stand for, not what they;ve come to mean.  Its like looking at whatever words that have become perverted today, or the fast degeneration of religion and morals into today's 'cultural phenomena". things change, but that doesn;t mean what we believe in has to.  If you want to live by old testament law, you can go ahead and be a pharisee. I'm not saying we shouldn't heed what the BIble says, because God wouldn't have had it been available to us if it wasn't important, but don't worry so much about it. as long as you know where youstand with God, then that;s all that matters. and if your still against the holidays, your against them.  but sometimes bbashin something because its been distorted by someone else isn's a great reason to be against the whole thing, you know?

Makala SILVER said...
Makala SILVER, Three Rivers, Michigan

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
--Albert Einstein

I see where you are coming from. But you have to remember that we do not have to celebrate Christmas and Easter as everyone else does. As a Christian I celebrate Christams and Easter but make sure that the things that I do are not demeaning to God. Every Christmas we read the story of Jesus' birth and talk about what Christmas represents. Sure we get presents but that is not what Christmas is about for us. Plus we normally only get the things that we need and even then most of our time spent on Christmas is with family and friends at Church. For Easter I have never been to an Easter egg hunt or any other easter celebration outside of Easter dinner and the special Easter services at Church. I do not think that we shouldn't celebrate Christmas and Easter but rather separate ourselves from the way that everyone else celebrates them. --Makala Cooper :)