Why should 6th graders be careful who they are friends with? | Teen Ink

Why should 6th graders be careful who they are friends with?

Having good friends that are good to you is important because last year in 6th grade it took me a while to find the right people to be friends with cause people would talk behind my back and be rude and then they would say they were my friend but they really were not. 

Friends are good to have but you have to find the right ones cause your friends could talk behind your back. For example, If they are talking bad about someone to you they are mostly talking bad about you to their other friends which is not a good friend and if they're doing that you should find friends that are better. But on the other hand maybe they really are your friend but was still talking bad about you because you got in a fight with each other but I got to learn from that and they still ended up not  being a real friend in the end so you really just never know if people and real friends you really just have to keep your eye out for how they treat and make you feel.

Your Friends could also be using you to get drama or information out of you. If they are doing this its not good they are just getting it out of you so they can go spread it all around which is not good and not a good friend cause friends should be on your side and making you feel good about yourself.When your going through ups and downs cause that's what a real friend should do they should feel like family even if your not blood related 

All though friends can be fake and not your real friends there are good friends out there.if you are looking for a true friend some things you should look for are theft are making you feel good about yourself ,they shouldn't be rude to you ,and they should also be keeping your secrets cause if I were to tell my friends a secret i would sure hope i could trust them not to tell anyone if I tell them not to tell anyone.    

Which is why even when people say they are your friend does not mean they are really your friends. Because so many people become your friend and hang out with you and get super close with you just so they can make you feel really bad about yourself and talk bad about you to people and  make rumors about you that are not true just so they can try and ruin your life.

In conclusion, having  good friends is always a good thing because you don't want friends that  talk behind your back. That's why I gave you some examples on why you should pick your friends wisely. I hope they help.

i am just helping 6th graders with being carful who there friends with cause i have been though bad friend groups before