what would tumwata middle school be like with a longer lunch break | Teen Ink

what would tumwata middle school be like with a longer lunch break

By 4Pookie4 BRONZE, Oc, Oregon
4Pookie4 BRONZE, Oc, Oregon

One time at my old school we only had like only 20 mins for lunch and everyday after lunch I would be so hungry I would go home and I would just sleep so I think it would be a good idea. While It's true that some people would say school would be longer, TMS should make longer lunch periods because kids would be full, it would give kids time to hang out with friends, and it would give teachers a longer break. 

Firstly, TMS should have longer lunch periods because kids would be full. If they increased the length of lunch students would actually be awake in class and not sleeping all the time. They would have more energy to do stuff like going outside and doing more work.        

Second of all it would give them more time to hangout with their friends 

They would get to meet new kids and hear more news from their friends like about having sleepovers or d day parties or family get-togethers. They would be ready for anything that is bad that is/would happen to them so like say there is this kid that does not like me and they are being mean and saying bad stuff about me behind my back and my friend would know.At 

TMS if we had a longer lunch and the teachers would get a longer break too not just the kids the teachers would get to be with people/teachers and they would have more energy too just like the kids.  Teachers would get to have coffee and cookies and food like good stuff like pizza and they would have a nice little room for all the teachers.Teachers would not be sleepy they would do more stuff just like the kids they would be more funner. 

Some would say that having a longer lunch would result in a longer school day but the benefits outweigh the negative consequences because students would be happier with a longer lunch. Because students would be full, kids would have longer time to hang out with friends, and give teachers longer breaks TMS should increase lunch breaks. 

i think having a longer lunch break is a good idea because there is not a long enough time to eat your food so kids go back to class hungry