Dream Career | Teen Ink

Dream Career

December 12, 2022
By imcallies SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
imcallies SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
F-E-A-R has two meanings:
Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything and Rise
The choice is yours.


A dream career as I am told is really as it’s stated. A DREAM CAREER. But even if it’s a dream, that doesn’t mean I can’t stop thinking about it as my future. My dream career is being a United States Army Ranger and a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic/Car Mechanic. The reason it’s a dream is because, it's almost impossible to become both these careers in one.

To me an Army Ranger is one of the coolest jobs in the military. My uncle retired as a Master Sergeant and a Green Beret. To have a role in the army as huge as that, would be awesome. A Ranger conducts raids and assault missions deep in enemy territory. Like my uncle, I would be deployed into combat overseas. And as a Ranger, you get to jump out of airplanes. Who doesn’t want to jump out of airplanes. And the cool thing about airborne school (has to be completed before ranger school) is that they help you overcome your fear of heights and falling. And you get $150 added to your salary.

On the other hand a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic would be awesome too. A Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic is pretty much the same thing as a car mechanic, but is known in the military, They repair trucks, cars, and any wheeled vehicle. I would love to still have my love of cars and to have the most badass job in the world. I don’t really know the real reason why I love cars so much or why I want to be a mechanic, but it’s always been an option. It might be, because I love the Fast and Furious series, and racing video games, or might just be, because you can make your car how you want, with looks and performance. I am currently saving for a 2014-15 Chevy Silverado LTZ with the Z71 off-road package. I want to be able to explore this country in that truck, and with the military.

Both jobs would be awesome to have and in reality, it isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Well the mechanic is the easier of the two. I would have to enlist in the United States Army, go through basic training, then I’d be able to go for either job. As a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, I would be in that job for four years. The downside is that if I don’t like it, I can’t change until those four years are up. Becoming a Ranger though is a completely different story. I would have to try for Ranger school which lasts about 61 days and has three phases: Benning, Mountain, and Florida. It might sound nice, but just after 4 days in Fort Benning, most people quit. It’s not an easy school, but I think with the proper training and mindset, I can make it through.

Saving people’s lives and helping this world are things I love to do. I am a natural born leader. I’ve always led people in some way, if it was school, or work, or just at home with my siblings. I like helping people, and that’s why an Army Ranger or a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic is my dream career.


The author's comments:

I don't know what I want to do in life, but my dream career is possibly an option.