We All Have Our Whys | Teen Ink

We All Have Our Whys

March 31, 2009
By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
76 articles 0 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)


Why can’t we let go? Why don’t we just forget? Why can’t we forgive? Why don’t we just live? Why can’t we just get over it? Why can’t we live and let live? Why do we keep bringing it up? Why do we keep blaming someone else? Why do we keep blaming ourselves? Why does someone have to take the blame? Why do we keep yelling? Why do we keep crying? Why do we keep screaming? Again, I ask “Why can’t we let go?”
Because it hurts. Because there’s pain still there from the past. It all hurts, so much that the pain won’t let us forget. We don’t forgive, because our hearts aches with the memories. Because every time we start to stay “I forgive you” we see a flash of that moment. The moment when our heart was broken. The moment we got hurt. And with that moment in our head, we fall apart. Our words catch in our throats. Our knees crumble beneath us. Our eyes fill with tears. And that flash from the past breaks us, all over again.
People will search for the answers to the whys, but there really isn’t a reason or an answer. It may be hard to let go of the past, especially with the whys, and without the answers. But we can let go. We do let go. We have to let go, because life is still there, the people we love are still there, the moments worth living are still waiting to be lived. We have to work through the pain and hurt, we have to blink away from the flash, and we have to stop asking about the whys. Because once we do that, we can finally let go. We can forgive and forget, and never regret. The bottom line is that: we all have our whys, and we all have to work through them, and except that some of them won’t have an answer. Whys hurt, but they don’t have to hurt forever, they only hurt for as long as we let them. Never ever forget, we all have them. Yeah, we all have our whys.














By: C.M. Hood













Inspired By: Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them


The author's comments:
Live And Let Live.