Love Yourself | Teen Ink

Love Yourself

June 4, 2017
By Keyaira Ford BRONZE, Lexington Park, Maryland
Keyaira Ford BRONZE, Lexington Park, Maryland
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In today's generation we are consumed by the things that we see on television, instagram,twitter and sometimes we allow those things to define us. We allow those things to take over our mindset of what we define as beautiful. In this generation beautiful is considered anything that seems perfect. People always want to put a label on your beauty and how you should dress and talk. Everyone congratulates the person with the best body but no one really wants to admire the imperfections of beauty. Beauty is not just what you see on social media and television. Beauty is not skinny or fat, it is not tall or short. Beauty is not Black,White,Asian,Chinese,Mexican,Latino. Beauty cannot be defined in those words. Beauty is self love,self respect and self worth. Self love,self respect and self worth all start with self. Stop looking out of yourself for value. Love yourself and always remember you are beauty.


The author's comments:

I was sitting in my bedroom and just thought about the young girls who were just like be and defined themselves through the things that were least important. So I decided to share some encouraging words to those young women.