Who Will Be Heard? | Teen Ink

Who Will Be Heard?

March 21, 2016
By Noodle1 BRONZE, Baytown, Texas
Noodle1 BRONZE, Baytown, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
life is just a clock counting down to death -noodle-


The World has a voice, but so do I.  The World has a lot to say, but so do I. Who do you choose to let be heard? You're probably thinking well...the World, right?  The World is a Band Wagon of many people together with one voice to share.  You say it's fair, but it's not, because that Band Wagon of people only have one voice.  What about the people afraid to use that voice? The people who missed the Band Wagon because the Shared Voice denied a stop.

 

You see, in human nature, people adapt to their surroundings; that's our survival skills.  So far, the people that join the Band Wagon have their voices merge, and so do their opinions, whether or not that opinion was there to begin with, or even if it's right or wrong. 

   

This is a form of natural selection, like when a cat gives birth to an unhealthy kitten.  She closes that kitten off from the others.  Even though the closed off kitten, or person, does not die, it's the same effect. When a person is different than the people he or she is surrounded by, that person becomes closed off from the others. This is how it applies to the Band Wagon known as the World's Voice.  These people are adapting and forming the same opinion to avoid being closed off.  

     

For those people, what happens to them?  What happens to their voice? Well, it's simple. Their voices get smothered and drowned out by the Voice of the World. 

     

You see, our greatest survival skill has now become our greatest divider.  The three main sections seem to be divided into 1)those who have been heard, such as famous poets 

2)the merged opinion of the world, AKA the World's Voice

3) the unfit which are the people deamed 'unfit' by society to have a superficial voice, otherwise known as the outcasts. 

     

So, what do we do with our Divide we have made?  They grow, because the world grows.  There are now divides in the Divides. People who can no longer adapt are thrown out like garbage, and those who move up fill their place.

   

 It is an inescapable, unstoppable, and uncontrollable cycle.

 

 "Who will be heard?"

-Noodle-