Worth it | Teen Ink

Worth it

By ImaginationIsImportant SILVER, Mumbai, Other
ImaginationIsImportant SILVER, Mumbai, Other

I have two favorite quotes:
'Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life.'
'We were born to be real, not perfect.'

Have you ever felt worthless? Know that feeling when your parents or other relatives compare you to someone you despise or someone really close to you? It sucks. I hate it. Makes me feel completely useless. I don’t know what to do in moments like those. Cry? Argue? Fight for my right? Scream? I don’t know. I just don’t.
But someone also told me not to give others a chance to advise me. Well, I try my best at studies. I want to make my family proud. I want to be the one with whom my uncles and aunts compare their kids to.  I want to be the one whom people look up to.
Sometimes I feel sad and get so depressed I feel like self harming. I get moody. But you know what?
I’ve realized that self harm doesn’t help. Never in a million years would physical harm erase your mental pain. I noticed that physical pain lasts for some days or weeks or even months. Not more. But mental pain? It can end in a day or two; if you allow yourself to think positively, nothing can harm you.
Like the saying goes --- you can take the horse to the well, but its his choice to drink from it or not.
In the same way, its your choice to let something go or not.
I used to be very under confident and never used to stand up for myself. I used to keep my emotions bottled inside. But you do know what happens when a bottle is full and you’re still trying to pour water into it, right? It overflows. Or if the water is being poured in full force, the bottle bursts. It’s the same with our temper. If you’re upset or angry over what someone told you, tell them. Let them know how you feel, orelse one day you will explode and that wont be good. 
If people compare  you with someone, don’t feel bad. Think positively.
Trust me, it will help.

Just think that the person you're being compared to is gonna have a great future ahead. So why can't you?

Maybe because that person is different and has his own way of doing something. Sometimes you may think that the person has better brains than you, which is obviously not true.
Everyone’s been gifted with a unique, amazing brain. Like I said before…it just depends on how you choose to use it. Use your creativity to the fullest.
If you feel low, listen to music. It helps a lot.
You feel alone? Well get out and make some friends. Talk to someone about how you feel…cuz you never know…maybe that person might be wanting to share the same feeling with someone. And he would be happy he found you.
If you feel shy to do so, write a journal. That way, you wouldn’t have trust issues with your journal cuz it obviously wont go and tell anyone.
Be yourself and let people love you the way you are. Do your best in everything you do, so comparing you to anyone would be absolutely pointless because no one would be as good as you are. No one. And never think bad about  yourself.
Who created you? God.
So he made you in his own image and likeness. He made you beautiful and amazing. You are his prince/princess.
So why would a prince/princess think less of himself/herself?
He/she shouldn’t.
You’re worth more than the worlds gold and diamond.
You have worth and no one should make you question it.
Even if they do, don’t mind it.
You know that everyone would be jealous of a  prince/princess.
So get up, if you feel you’ve fallen/tripped.
Stand up.
Shoulders straight.
Chin up, prince/princess. You wouldn’t want your crown to fall now, would you?

Izamaniac BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia

"It's no use going back to yesterday, I was different then."-Alice in Wonderland
"I can do all things through Christ when he strengthens me."-Philipians 4:13

Great article, reminds me of Britt Nicole's "GOLD"