A Never Can Turn To Maybe | Teen Ink

A Never Can Turn To Maybe

By Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Whether you think you can or can't, you're right

I know it's wrong. I know the answer as soon as I started to figure out the question. It somehow, won't leave my brain. I met you a year ago. That day, I swore I would never like you. Never love you. Well, feelings change; and so do people. He was a numb skull who I hated. Never much did I ever talk to him. The first day I really talked to him, was when we were paired as partners for a project. I mourned the thought, as I thought he would about me too. The progect would last for about two weeks. As it started, I thought to myself "I can get through this. All will be over soon". During the project, he started talking with me. A bit shocked, I'd talk with him. Getting into a full out conversation, we got yelled at, and laughed at the teacher. After, ourselves. Realizing he wasn't so bad, we became great friends. When we ended the project I was a bit sad. He was a great person that I'd never expect to be my friend. Months pass. Summer comes slower than it left. Returning to school, he was in the other class. I was a bit sad, but I was fine with it. We talked lots more. By texting (because there wasn't a lot of time at school to talk). He said I am his sister, and he's my brother. I know the answer, and I've accepted it. Of course I will still think about it sometimes. Smile like the idiot I am when I get a text. He's my brother. So, I like it better him being a brother, than a person who will end up dispising me. 

This story comes streight from my heart and is so true. I think lots of you could relate to this.