Hypocrisy Prevails | Teen Ink

Hypocrisy Prevails

July 1, 2012
By Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
54 articles 0 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.


I live in a world where science has brought us so close that we can hardly feel each other’s presence.
I live in a global village where the traits endearing the village-folk have vanished like unicorns catching sight of a hunter’s hound.
I live in a world where tyranny rules, where sooth is banished, where we work under the tutelage of the Self.
I live in a world where the little boy next door is killed because he refuses to be harassed physically by a bunch of selfish bullies.
I live in a world where people throng to see a fantasy fiction movie, ignoring the screams of a father as his child passes into the void.
I live in a world where you cannot rush an injured person to the nearest hospital, fearing you might be “associated” with the crime. He dies and you linger on the scene, hearing his lamenting woes.
I live in a world where the person made fun of is actually the brightest person in the class, jeered at because he cannot overcome the shame.
That and other matters. I live in a world where you are ‘jumped’ for being a plebeian, where the aristocrats control us as a shepherd controls his flock of sheep.
I live in a world where death is the master, where life seems to be buried beneath tonnes of selfishness.
I live in a world where the debauchers enjoy a good show of a girl moaning in pain, lying on the floor in a crumpled state.
Let the flame of life be extinguished. I live in a world where hypocrisy prevails.


The author's comments:
I don't know what to say. All these things overwhelm me.