The Little girl with Big Dreams | Teen Ink

The Little girl with Big Dreams

December 28, 2011
By pill.happy.adventure PLATINUM, Manchester, New Hampshire
pill.happy.adventure PLATINUM, Manchester, New Hampshire
21 articles 3 photos 41 comments

Growing up I always had big dreams, I was the perfect description of the little girl that wanted everything. I wanted to be a princess who was rescued by my prince charming, the one that wanted to live in a ginormous castle with hundreds of maids and when I was a little girl I wanted the biggest most fanciest wedding a little girl could dream of. I was the Little Girl With The Big Dream.

As I grew older, I out grew those fancies, pushed them all to some place in the back of my mind. Now as i sit here writing this I realize that because I wanted to grow up so fast I forgot all about that little girl with big dreams. And yet I look at my life now and realize at the age of almost 17 I still want what i wanted when I was 5. I still want my prince charming to sweep me of my feet, I still want my huge wedding where I’m all dressed in white crying tires of happiness as my daddy walks me down the isle I even still have that dream once in while that I’ll be a princess who lives in a castle.

I was once the Little Girl With Big dreams, and as I grew up i lost her. However, now I have found her once again except now The Little Girl With Big Dreams Is Just A Little Bit Bigger.


The author's comments:
I wrote this when I finally sat down and straightened things in my life out