America Is... | Teen Ink

America Is...

By LilMess PLATINUM, Key Colony Beach, Florida
LilMess PLATINUM, Key Colony Beach, Florida

Everything we do we are bound to repeat. Thus, excellence is not a chance but a habit.

America is several things. It is a haven and a hope. America is a majestic land and a love. America is and always will be a great nation full of dedicated citizens.

America is a country. It has mountains, beaches, plains, valleys, coastlines, and shores. It is a strip of land with no certain shape. America is a shell-dotted seashore and a farm of waving grain. It is a snow-capped mountain and a rolling green hillside.

America is a city. It includes towns, states, districts, metropolitan, industries, and factories. America is a busy walkway lined with people in suites off to work. It is a work force of well-trained businessmen and women of all shapes and sizes, who built their companies from the ground up. America is a lively, throbbing metropolitan, with taxi cabs and cars rushing past, barely keeping up with the world.

America is an authority. It is full of governors, senators, representatives, mayors, policemen, firefighters, and a single president. It is a government of officials who lead their citizens with a firm grip, although not many people agree. America is a hero’s nation of policemen, a firm haven for our army, and a place of democracy and freedom.

America is a word. It is a place we call “home”. America is forever “majestic” and forever “free”. America is a “safe-haven” and a “world power”. America is “us” and “we” and “I”. America is always a “union” and always a “lifestyle”.

America is an engine. It is packed with businessmen, policemen, farmers, mountains, armies, beaches, governors, cities, teachers, children, priests, hills, and land. America is a place where dreams come true. America is a country, a city, an authority, a word, and a well-oiled engine, powered by citizens and officials alike. We are America, and as long as we are here, America will never stand alone.

This is a competition piece I wrote. Enjoy :)