A Passive World | Teen Ink

A Passive World

A Passive World

It’s the other side you don’t see. The scenes your parents keep you sheltered from for as long as they can, protecting you from the possessed evils they see inside of these fragile lives. They are the close to lifeless, but the full of optimism, following their beliefs, but scrambling for their next meal. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of these very people, and I am far from regretful. Listening to their amazing stories - some plagued with pleasures, others scorched with sorrows - it’s hard not to offer them everything I have. They don’t ask me for much, only to talk, and I would not even think of denying. Hope shines in their eyes, the pain hides beneath, and they are grateful to receive anything offered. I help serve them food with a few of my friends, and we share in the warmth of a greater picture. This picture is not of you or me, but our family, friends and the whole world as one. I’ve learned from these people, and I believe I’ve become a better person because of them. Not only am I less selfish, but I am fighting harder for what I believe in. I believe in a shelter for these people, a hope and ray of light. Join me in my fight.

This will certify that the above work is completely original,