Analyze This, Dr. Phil | Teen Ink

Analyze This, Dr. Phil

Analyze This, Dr. Phil

Is it wrong that I want to be old? Is it wrong that I wish the world were completely different than it is? Who should have the excuse of a bad family life on their present situation? Who should be held accountable for an individual’s idiocy? Why would anyone want to destroy his or her brain? Why is it “fun” to become intoxicated and waste money and time and talent and ability? Why can’t people see the dangers of their actions? Why don’t young people understand that although this may seem fun now, in a few years this could lead to dependency and serious health issues?

Why can’t everyone see the world as I do? Why don’t parents try harder to set their children on paths of success? And if they all do try, why do the majority of them fail? Why are people selfish enough to think they are the only people in the world with problems? Why do some people become emotional and close their mind to the needs of others? Why do people always want things they can’t have?

Why can’t I talk about what I truly feel? Why is it that every time something positive happens something negative must follow? Why do people lose faith? Is it faith that people have lost or is it faith that people have never truly found? What is it about children that allow them to follow blindly? What is it about the elderly that makes them so alone?

Why do some people fear commitment? What makes a person choose someone to share emotionally with? What is love? Where can you find it? How do you know if you have found it? How do you foster the love that lasts forever? What is forever? What is a meaningful conversation? What is the perfect conversation? Where would it be?

Is how I appear to others, how I appear to myself?
Why do people put on faces? Why is it that people act as people think others want them to? Why do people worry about what is right when they don’t mind doing what is wrong? Why do people judge others by the color of their skin? Why do people judge others by the texture of their hair? Why do people judge others by the make of their car? Why do people judge others by the size of their house? Why do people see only these things before they see the person in front of them?

Why are people today less intellectually challenged today than in the past? Why are people today more apathetic?

How can someone want to scream and cry and be happy all at the same time? How does the human brain work? Is emotion a figment of our imagination? What is the soul? How does one find truth? What is the truth?

Can we look to the past to save the future? Is humanity destined to blow itself up? When will WWIII begin? Will women be drafted? Why is it that some women still want to be bound in chains and degraded?

Why do I want to travel the world? Why do people seek adventure? Why don’t people climb trees? Why don’t people smell flowers? Why don’t people stroll through the woods? Why don’t people take the path less traveled? Will you always question the path you have left behind?

Aren’t government officials sick of pork yet? Why doesn’t the government do something for the people and forget the interest groups? Why are people okay with the status quo? When has anything ever been changed because people ignored the problem and remained seated?

Why do people remember song lyrics easier than calculus theorems or chemistry formulas? How does one find inspiration for art? Why do people abuse drugs? What drives a person to harm another, physically, mentally, and emotionally?

What is my fatal flaw?

What makes middle school students ridiculous? Why do people idolize fame? Why are people superficial and vain? Why are there fewer and fewer people who can hold true to their moral standards or even have moral standards?

Why are people today secure in insecurity? Why are soldiers fighting to defend freedoms that people today don’t even use or care to understand? Why don’t people today use their minds, step away from that which is accepted, and question?

“This will certify that the above work is completely original,”

FirstSteps5000 SILVER, Bethesda, Maryland

"If you reach for the stars, you'll just get the stars. Reach for the heavens and you get the stars thrown in." - unknown
"These aren't just stories,"... …"They're whole kingdoms. They're worlds. They're perspectives and opinions you can't offer, from lives you haven't lived." - The Isle of the Lost
"When someone does something hurtful, they have to admit it... [t]hen they have to be punished for it. And maybe then, if they apologize and change, maybe -maybe- *then* they get forgiven." - The One and Only Bob

I have wondered about so many of these questions and it was just really refreshing to have them all in one place like they are in my head.

kdpunk182 SILVER, Greenwood, Indiana
That was great I really enjoyed those questions because they are what people everyday sometimes think. Not everyone may think all those things , but some people do and I thought that was great.