Robot Thought | Teen Ink

Robot Thought

By Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut
Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

A wise word does not make the speaker wise.

Every time I hear a discussion on robotic intelligence there are three main factors that they discuss. There is the speed of the thought, the ability to learn and the ability to recognize their environment. Well, there are a few things that I believe they are missing, the ability to imagine and understand the most likely possibilities. When you or I are talking to each other you have a vague general idea of the subject of what I'm going to say next, but what if I say what you can't expect? Well usually you can respond from the basic knowledge you have on people and your past experiences. A robotic mind could only do part of that, they could only calculate what should happen, not what will happen. I believe this is because they can't conceive a new idea, just recompose old ones. This is where true human thought happens, in the originality of our ideas and actions.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I agree, but I think that the problem of artificial intelligence goes way beyond this. We are creating something that supposedly 'thinks' for itself. But it can never come close to the depth of the human mind, heart, and soul (no matter how much science is studied).

Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

Thank you for your comment. I just wonder how "good" and "bad" can be writen into an algorithem

MaryTD PLATINUM, Burns, Oregon

"To be great you must first be good."

"I'm not going to stay dead the rest of my life!" - Theo in The Kestrel

This is amazing... that's exactly what I think!