Gay Marriage Should Be Allowed | Teen Ink

Gay Marriage Should Be Allowed

By TheN3RDWAD GOLD, Von Ormy, Texas
TheN3RDWAD GOLD, Von Ormy, Texas

Why can't gay people get married? Straight people marry everyday, have kids and live their lives accordingly. But gay couples can't get married everywhere. It's seen as 'unnatural' and 'immoral'. Well, it definitely isn't unnatural, 10% of every mammal population is gay, and there are even higher percentages for bisexual mammals. If it were 'unnantural', why are natural things born that way. Don't try telling anyone that gay is a life style choice, it's not. It's a choice to pursue it, but not a choice to be gay. If you think otherwise, do you really think a dog, with a brain the size of a walnut, is actually choosing to be gay? If you do... You might wanna check to see how big your brain is.

Is it really immoral if your God make them that way? If he knows what will happen to everyone before it actually happens, why doesn't he stop it? If it is so bad, and is a sin, why does your loving God let it happen? I thought Christians preached day after day, that God is good, forgiving and kind. Am I wrong?

In our constitution, it states very plainly that we have the right to pursue happiness? Why is it denied? It shouldn't be. We have the right to pursue happiness as long as it doesn't harm anyone, or cause problems, so why does gay marriage get overlooked? We already have rights for African-Americans, Hispanics and women, why can gay people get married. This is the 21st century. People have been gay for thousands of years, it is completely normal, natural and safe. Some people say you have a higher risk of getting an STD if your are having sex and are gay, but umm... Straight people's chances are pretty much the same.

It hurts no one, never has. It doesn't cause people to die, or get hurt, or catch fire or melt. Why is it illegal in some states? How stupid is that? It should be the quality of the relationship that matters, not the people in it. If two people really love eachother, who are you to say no to them being married? Who are you to tell someone that they are not allowed to pursue happiness? Why do you get to decide? Anyone who cares about people would realize, that it doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, bisexual or anything else, that if you love eachother, you should be able to get married. You should have the right to pursue happiness. If your best friend told you they were gay, would you think less of them? Are you really best friends if you disliked them for being gay?

What if your best friend had found the love of their life, was so happy and wanted to get married, but their significant other was the same gender as them, would you give them your blessings? Or would you laugh at their faces. Would you speak out against it, or speak up for it? If you really loved this country, you would see that we should all have equal rights. We should all have the right to pursue happiness, would you be against it if your mother loved a man very much, but the state denied them the right? Of course! But if a gay couple wants to get married, it's 'gross' or 'immoral' or 'unnatural'. Well, buddy, newsflash, but you don't need to see what they do behind closed doors, it's frankly, none of your business.

I just hope, even if it's just one person, that I can change someone's opinion for the better. If you don't believe gay marriage is okay, please explain, I want to know what other people think and why they think it. I am all for gay marriage and equal rights, you should be too. It won't change your life, but it could change others.

If you disagree with my article, please explain to me why you disagree, I am really interested in all of you're opinions.

TheN3RDWAD GOLD, Von Ormy, Texas
-headdesk- I got totally confused with that, but I, in my grand narcissisticness, left it in there, figuring I was right. Thanks for the correction, and for the comment! I totally agree with what you say.

♥warrior said...
Actually, the phrase "pursuit of happiness" is not stated in the constitution but actually derived from the declaration of independence. Either way, it doesn't matter where it was written, i understand where you are coming from and agree with you completely. Personally i believe that banning gay marriage is unconsitutuional... It specificly say in the 14th amendment that all "citizens" shall have the same "rights and privileges". Shall i say more. Why is it that gays are being exemp from this definition? Thankfully, states are catching on and allowing gays to marry. But for states that don't (California, Arizona) it needs to CHANGE.

{*Hazel_Eyes*} BRONZE, Fontana, California
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

"everythin happens 4 a reason.ppl change so u learn 2 let go,things go wrong so u learn 2 appreciate them wen they're rite,u believe lies so u eventually learn 2 trust no1 but urself& sumtimes good thing fall apart so better things can fall together"

you are so right. i dont understand the big difference. marriage is about two people loving each other and wanting to spend their lives together. i dont get why people see it as such a terrible thing, when its just as beautiful as any other marriage