What do you do | Teen Ink

What do you do

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

When the person you care about more than anything else in the world, chooses someone else? What do you do when the person you can’t stop thinking about doesn’t think of you? What do you do when the best night of your life was just another Friday evening to them? What do you do when you think you see a future with them and then you see them with someone else? What do you do when the person you love forgets to love you back?
What do you think when the person you loved more than anything is gone forever? What do you think when the person who always makes you laugh until you can’t breathe, decides to make you cry your heart out? What do you think when the person you need to survive, doesn’t need you? What do you think when the person you can always go to, isn’t there anymore?
What do you say when the person you thought would always be with you tells you “I’m leaving.”? What do you say when the person you can get enough of says “I need some space.”? What do you say when the person you want to stay with forever says “I just want to be friends.”? What do you say when the person you couldn’t stand losing tells you “I’m dying.”?
What do you do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the one making you cry?
What do you think when the one person you thought would never hurt you, breaks your heart into a million pieces?
What do you say when the person you always long for says “I’ve stopped missing you.”?
When these things happen, you have to lie down. You have to let the tears fall, and just give in to the hurt. You have to grieve and let your heart fall apart. You have to scream, you have to act crazy, and let the pain consume you. But after awhile you have to stop screaming, you have to ignore the pain, you have to quit crying. You have to pick up the pieces of your heart and superglue them back together, you have to act sane, and get up. You have to face life and its gut punches, with your head up and your eyes open, because that’s all you can do. All you can think is ‘I need to get over it’. All you can say is “Ok, let’s do this.”