TeenInk.com | Teen Ink

TeenInk.com MAG

By PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then watch everyone wonder how you did it!

I was at the library when I spotted Teen Ink magazine. Curious, I flipped to the first page and was immediately excited – I could send in poems and short stories for publication, which is my life dream!

The first thing I did when I got home was go to TeenInk.com. I got permission from my parents and submitted four poems and two short stories. A week or two later I received an e-mail from Teen Ink. I eagerly clicked on it and found that my work had been posted on the site. The feeling was indescribable.

The website has boosted my self-confidence, given me feedback, and shown me that I can keep working toward my goal of publishing a novel. I now know that if I want something, I should do my best to get it – and sitting around doesn't help!

I just want to say thank you, Teen Ink. Though I've only been published online thus far, I know that one day I will see my name in print. You have altered my life, and I want to give you credit.

Editor's note: We're thrilled that you found our site, Natalie. Have you seen the new TeenInk.com? We just relaunched it with many new features we know you'll enjoy.

Beachgirl1 PLATINUM, Bellevue, Washington

"If You Don't Fight Back, You've Already Lost."
"Don't suppress Laughter, it goes to your thighs."

Lovely! I feel the same way about teenink. And look you got published!