Our New York Times | Teen Ink

Our New York Times MAG

By Hilton BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
Hilton BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
Lao Tzu

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
Anonymous

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and som “An obstacle is often a stepping stone.”

There is no place like home. TeenInk.com is our home; it’s a place for us teenagers to voice our concerns about the society we live in. Major newspapers will probably not publish our writings for the whole world to see because we’re “just kids” and “do not know what we’re talking about.” Much of what we write may not concern them. For Teen Ink, this is not an issue.
This magazine is our New York Times. It is the home of the young writers or, better yet, rising journalists. We write so millions will hear our voice; we write because we too have something to say. Teen Ink is truly the place for that.

After I graduate from college, and ­possibly get a political science job in a ­government agency, and cannot write for TeenInk.com anymore, I will give back to Teen Ink’s Young Authors Foundation to preserve and protect the voices of young people whose shoes I once stood in. Their voices are as important as those of major newspaper writers that feed our minds with knowledge every day.

Teen Ink not only contributes to our literacy but also widens our view of the world and our fellow teenagers. Thank you to the founders. Thank you to the countless individuals reading our works and approving them every day. Thank you for your awesomeness!