Opening | Teen Ink

Opening

Throughout my five years participating in theater productions I have never been able to describe, in words, the felling an actor feels before performing a show for the first time, that is, until now. As I read the article ¡°Opening Night,¡± I was able to relate to the author¡¯s words about the preparation process before appearing on stage. It truly is a magical feeling mainly because of the fact that when all is said and done the only thing that matters is the actor and the audience. No matter what troubles an actor is experiencing, when he or she steps out onto that stage they all disappear. From the opening of the act to the fall of the curtain, the show is an actor¡¯s priority.

Theater is a means of escape for most people; it allows a person to assume the role of another and enter into a world where anything is possible. The author of this article truly captured that feeling and I am thankful. Not everyone truly appreciates the power of performing arts. It is always nice to hear from another theater lover.