Positive Poetry | Teen Ink

Positive Poetry MAG

By IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

I believe that reading positive things can plant a better outlook in a person. But there are so many dark and gloomy poems. I understand that authors write these poems because they want to lighten the weight they carry inside. But another way to throw that weight aside is by reading or writing something positive.

Therefore, I suggest you add another section of poetry to the website called “Carpe Diem.” This could encourage teenagers to submit poetry that’s positive. And when others read them, it might help lighten their mood. Wouldn’t it be a pleasure if there was a section on the website full of light to share with others?

Nguyenkhanh SILVER, Ho Chi Minh, Other

“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

quite so, it could also perhaps be our common aesthetic, we all love a good fight. We all love a good rocky road novel before the triumphant ending. Or even something else, sometimes, we convert the sadness into a sort of happiness, warmth. Comforting, but anguish in the long run. Perhaps, it is time to make new endings, not tracing back for a new beginning.