Stewart ‘08 | Teen Ink

Stewart ‘08 MAG

The article “Stewart ‘08,” about electing a comedian president, peaked my interest. I will be eligible to vote in the next presidential election, and I realize I want to cast an educated vote.

Frannie U. proposes that a comedian like Jon Stewart should run for president, and I couldn’t agree more. I think it is necessary to have a political background; however, our country needs a change from the dry president from a wealthy political family. This is the 21st century, and it’s my generation who will inherit this country. Our generation is more in need of a leader who doesn’t talk at people, but understands and empathizes with all.

I think a comedian like Jon Stewart has the important qualifications and experience with an open mind, not the unwanted stale mind that has guided past generations. Comedians have experience with the media and are well spoken, which our country is not accustomed to. I think a break from the cookie-cutter mold of our country’s leader would do our nation good.