Mental Health of Teenagers | Teen Ink

Mental Health of Teenagers

March 8, 2018
By alvxis BRONZE, South San Francisco, California
alvxis BRONZE, South San Francisco, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The overall mental state of teens, and people in general, has seemed to progressively go downhill throughout the years. Obviously there has always been people with anxiety, ADHD, depression, or any other mental illnesses, but it seems like it is becoming more of a normal thing now, rather than something only a few people have to live with. Sometimes the way people will announce to people that they have one or more of these illnesses seems like they don’t actually have anything, and things like these should not be joked about. These mental illnesses come in different ways, maybe someone has a tiny bit of , say depression, and it only comes every once in a while and not for long periods of time. On the other hand, someone could have depression to the point where it drives them to harm themselves. I’m not going to say that it isn’t fair, because life is definitely not fair,  but I don’t think that it is okay that so many people, including teenagers/young adults, have to deal with these types of things when there isn’t much that they can do to stop or prevent it.