28th Amendment | Teen Ink

28th Amendment

By 808atl19 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
808atl19 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia

"Life isn’t worth living unless you’re willing to take some big chances and go for broke."
- Eliot Wiggington

All consumable foodstuffs must be labeled to display the contents within it to its entirety. Consumers retain the right to be informed about what each consumable product contains in order to have the freedom to choose based upon their best interest. False identification will result in fines, penalties and permanent termination of production

One major issue in the United States of America that is often steered away from conversation, especially by the government and major food chains, is the process of enabling citizens to know what they are putting into their mouths. Of course we have ingredient labels however this does not tell the entire story because it avoids the question how? As in how is it made? Rather the only attainable information one can acquire from foods they digest is what it is made of. However, as citizens of a country which allow us to express and acquiesce knowledge it doesn’t seem fitting that we are barred from knowing how our food is made.

In the era of major advancement in technology, machines have created a leeway for colossal corporation to net tremendous profit by mass producing perishable goods such as foodstuffs. In fact mass production of foodstuffs is a billion dollar plus industry and it has boosted the national GDP, no wonder the government sides with these corporation. However, these corporation are very greedy and so they have altered many practices to production of foodstuffs to make a little more profit, as if they didn’t have enough already. Corporation know that if their business practices, or how they produce their foodstuffs are displayed to the public then they risk the public not favor their products anymore. A perfect example of this practice is GMOs.

The 28th amendment will the rid these heinous corporations of their illicit business practices, or at least give the American people the right and freedom to know how and what is in their food and to choose based on their best interest.