video games obsession | Teen Ink

video games obsession

October 31, 2014
By jaqueline ibal BRONZE, Pacoima, California
jaqueline ibal BRONZE, Pacoima, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One day I went to my cousin’s house, he played video games for 5 hours, I asked him "why do you play video games?" he answer, “because I lose weight ". Our generation is addicted to video games for too many reasons, they think that is healthy to play video games, the internet is so fast that's why they play video games the whole day, and  they think that they lose weight .

The article " In Korea, a boot camp cure for web obsession" by Martin fackler describes how some people are addicted to video games. Video games are  bad for you because being online every day is like battling alcohol or drugs . Also, video games are bad for you because it damage your brain. Video games make you tired everyday some teens don't sleep because they are playing video games. Even now teens think that is healthy to play video games because they play sports.

Fackler describes how people are addicted to video games because the internet is so fast. “ninety percent of homes connected to cheap, high-speed broadband, online gaming is a professional sport, and social life for the young resolves around the “pc bang”, dim internet parlors that sit on practically every street corner” this quote shows that the internet is so fast that's why they play video games the whole day. The internet is so fast that some teens play video games for 17 hours per day and they don't sleep because they are playing video games. Also, they don't want to go out of their house because they don't have internet outside. That shows how teens are addicted to video games .

How can people prevent video game addiction? Some people have to go to  a camp to help them because they can't stop playing video games.  Fackler shows how some people have to go to a camp to stop playing. You can prevent it by stop playing video games or playing less hours. Also, you have to play sports or something that keeps your mind away from video game, For example reading books, playing outside with your friends, playing with your family or helping your mom do the dinner and sleep more.

In conclusion, video games are bad for you because they can make you addicted to it. You can prevent it by playing sports and playing activities outside of your house so you're not going to play video games anymore.