Gaming Addiction | Teen Ink

Gaming Addiction

By daisyyy1999 BRONZE, San Fernando, California
daisyyy1999 BRONZE, San Fernando, California

Do you have a brother or sister that is always playing their games and won’t help you with homework or won’t go outside to play with you? Well I do and its not fun having one because he is always playing on his Playstation and he doesn’t help me with my homework. My mom gets mad at him because she asks him something and he doesnt reply because he is to busy playing his game with my cousins or with his friends.

The article “7 health benefits of playing video games” By Danny Gallagher is usually talking about why video games is a positive thing. This is a positive article because Danny Gallagher says that video games help other people that are sick. For example if you have a kid that has autism you should let him or her play video games. Playing video games helps but only to the sick kids. I think the sick kids should be the only ones playing video games the whole day for that they could get better. This is one example from the article” Kids who played certain games, including one designed just for the study, showed signs of improvement in "resilience, empowerment, and a 'fighting spirit”.

The article “The Negative Effects of Video Games” By Drea Christopher talks about how video games is a negative thing for kids. In this article they say that video games is like gambling but instead for grown ups its for young children. Its  a negative thing because there's some kids that won't go to school or do anything at home. There's kids that didn't go to school when they were small so now that don't want to go to school they don't know english.For example”Video game addiction can be as problematic as gambling and affects players as young as 8 years old, notes Keith Baker, director of Smith and Jones Addiction Consultants, in an article for Brigham Young University’s NewsNet”.

The article “The Benefits of Playing Video Games” by Isabela Granic talks about video games that are everywhere almost all children and growing lives with 97 percent for at least one hour per day in the united states. This articles is about benefits for playing video games.

These are some good and bad thing about gaming addiction. I know playing GTA 5 is cool but playing video games the whole day is kinda boring instead of going outside and playing football, baseball and other games with you cousins or friends. You should go outside and play at list for 30 min and go back inside.

I Think the world would be weird and also not that fun if we don't have video games because I know there's kids that don't go to school because they are too busy playing video games. I know there's kids playing 24/7 but that doesn't mean they should take away the video games. I think the kids that are too busy playing video games they should go to a camp. For example in china they have a camp for the kids that play video games and  I think we should have one here too.