My Plea for Humanity! | Teen Ink

My Plea for Humanity!

September 2, 2014
By Annie-ivy BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
Annie-ivy BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In today’s world it is common for someone to not eat their breakfast and head to their workplace. It’s common for a student to stay up all night in order to complete their assignments, and because of this they lose their sleep. Did you know that if a person does not get a nap of an average 8 hours every day in a week they might even die or have a cardiac arrest? A few millennium ago, the age of a human used to be more than 100 years which has now reduced to 70 at the least, which is if you are the healthiest in the lot. Is this because we are evolving? Well, if so, I do not want to be a part of this evolution. Moreover we have become artificial. Tell me, can you live through a cold without taking medicine? We have evolved so much that we have made our own diseases. Cardiovascular disease -- Is a disease where if you’re under too much of pressure, you faint every five minutes. It may not sound so bad, actually it may sound like a joke, to a few hypocrites in our society. But let me give you an example – If a person is driving and is suddenly hit by a wave of stress and they pass out, there is a vehicle that could be coming from any direction that could come and hit the other vehicle, you don’t need quantum-physics or rocket science to answer that – the passengers of the other car die. There is no cure for such a disease. Not much of science helping out there. Evolving means --- changing to become the better of your species, but during this process we are turning ourselves into monsters. Science has taken us to such a level that we are ready to experiment test something that is extremely fatal on a criminal just because he has killed a person. That is not a punishment, that is inhumane. In the olden days children were sent off to Gurukul at a very young age. Gurukul is what we call “School” today, just a lot better. It used to instill good qualities in a person at a young age, which would help them carry it out throughout their lives. They used to focus on training a child for all the challenges they would face in life. In the normal human’ life of a an individual from the 21st century – you are always preparing. When you’re in kindergarten , you’re teachers prepare you for going to 1st grade and tackling studies, when you get to middle school you’re preparing yourself for high school, when you’re in high school you’re preparing yourself for college , when you get to college you realize , the world is like a big bully and you’re the nerd its picking on. During attending college everybody is telling you what you should be and what stream you should choose , so you’re preparing yourself for that; after you get you’re degree you’re getting ready for taking on a job and officially become a working person; while working you are saving up a little bit of your salary, preparing yourself for retirement. When you have retired you are waiting for Death, to suck the soul out of you, quite literally. We are always preparing or waiting for something. In the mean time we forget our purpose in this world; I believe that each and every person in this world has been sent with a purpose, but lately, in the last few generations, or so, we have become so focused on ourselves that we have forgotten about our purpose. We have forgotten humanity, about caring for the person next to you. That is what Gurukul used to teach us, to be one to be united and to love Mother Earth, not destroy her. We have become so compelled towards development that we have started screwing with the laws of nature, we have started to genetically modify a persons genes so that we can brand them as genetically advanced species of the human race.

People today have started murdering their families and friends for pieces of papers that we call ‘money’. Banks print hundreds of thousands of that every second of the day, the life of a dead person cannot be regenerated. We wonder about many things, one of them is Hell. A lot of people have placed a lot of theories on this particular topic. Well, what I say is, why do you need to think so much about what Hell is and make a up a fictional place when you’re living in one? Hell according to most, is a place where there are a lots of demons and monsters who are going to torture you for eternity. Man eating man , the slaughtering of Mother Nature as we know it, take any scenario , these are violating the laws of humanity. We have stooped so down low that we have forgotten about self-esteem. Maybe its time to look back, maybe it's time to learn our lessons and maybe it's finally time to know that the damage has not been done to the extreme- most- levels. It's time, good people of the world to revoke that humanity that’s left in you to make this world a better place, to make it our utopia, to make it a better place for our future generations, so that they can prosper. Here’s to humanity.


The author's comments:
I got inspired by looking how machnical we have become these day. Its important to pause and focus on things and take charge of our life.