Senior year | Teen Ink

Senior year

“Groupie?” Nikki screamed.

“Oh, I got your groupie!” she said as reached out and tried to hit Bianca. She almost succeeded, but Chris stepped in the way just in time to block the hit. While Nikki continually tried to hit her opponent, Bianca just stood there laughing knowing that Chris would never allow Nikki to lay one finger on her as long as he was there.

“What is your problem?” Chris asked as he pushed Nikki to the ground

“Are you slow? He asked

“You know you don’t want be with her!” Nikki said.

“Yes I do, I don’t want anything to do with you anymore,” he proclaimed.

“She is the one I want,” he said as took Bianca by the hand and then put his arm around her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Nikki just sat there in astonishment and disbelief as the two walked away. Nikki hated to lose, especially when the price of losing cost a boyfriend. When the pair got back inside Bianca told Dylan about the confrontation with Nikki they had outside.

“She did what?!” Dylan shouted when she heard the news.

“You promised wouldn’t make a big deal out of it.” Bianca said

“Well I lied!” Dylan said. Bianca gave her dirty look.

“Fine,” Dylan muttered.

“Well she is still out of control, she must be dealt with,” Dylan said with a little more calm in her voice. As the party ended the three of them made their way to the parking lot when Chris offered to take Bianca home. Bianca agreed and said goodbye to Dylan then got into Chris’s SUV and drove off. During the ride home the two laughed and reminisced about all the good times they’ve had in their relationship. When they pulled up to Bianca’s house she said goodnight and started to open the door to get out.

“Hold on,” Chris said as he put his hand on her shoulder.

“I want to apologize for hurting you these past few months,” he said. Bianca wanted to say “whatever” but when she looked into his hazel eyes she melted like chocolate on a hot day

“Its okay, I forgive you,” Bianca said

“Okay,” he responded as he leaned in to kiss her goodnight. As the two were kissing Bianca felt this weird movement inside of her stomach, the likes of which she had never felt before. It startled her so much that it made her break the kiss and put her hands on her stomach.

“What’s wrong?” Chris said with a worried look on his face.

“Is it the baby?” he asked.

“Yeah,” she responded.

“I think I just felt the baby move inside of me,” she said with a smile on her face

“I want to feel it move too!” he said as he put his hand on her stomach.

“No!” she giggled.

“The baby is just moving, you can’t feel that on the outside,” she said

“Oh,” he said with a dumb look on his face. Bianca just laughed at him.

“Awww, it’s okay, in a few months it’ll be kicking and you can feel that from the outside,” she said after giving him another little peck on the lips.

“Before you go B,” Chris said as Bianca started to get out the car.

“What?” she asked.

“When are you going to go to doctor to figure out what you’re having?” he asked

“Um, I don’t know. I haven’t been to doctor,” she replied.

“What do mean you haven’t been?” he said

Bianca lowered her eyes so that her gaze didn’t match his and said “ I mean I haven’t been to the doctor since I took the pregnancy test and I haven’t even told my parents”

“Oh wow B,” Chris said

“I know” she replied.

“Well I want you to make and appointment to see the doctor and you and I can go,” he said. Bianca’s heart skipped a beat when she heard this.

“Y-Y-You mean it?” she stammered.

“Yeah, you make an appointment and we can both go and make sure everything is alright and find what we’re having,” he answered.

“Okay, I’ll call the doctor tomorrow,” she said as she got out the car. When Bianca reached her front porch, she turned around and waved at Chris as he drove off. She walked in the house and closed the door on what turned out to b a great night.

The next day during lunch Bianca did as she promised and called the doctors office and made an appointment for the next day after school. On her way back to lunch from making the call she ran into Nikki, who was angry from last night. When Bianca walked by Nikki, she noticed that Nikki was giving her a dirty look. Instead of retaliating, Bianca just smiled at her and waved, which just pissed Nikki off even more, and that’s exactly what Bianca wanted. That night Bianca told Chris of the doctor’s appointment she had the next day. To her surprise, he did not go back on his word; he still wanted to take her to the appointment.
The next day Bianca and Chris spent the every moment they could spare together. In between classes and at lunch, if you saw one sure enough the other wasn’t far behind. When the time came for Bianca’s appointment the two drove all the way downtown. When they pulled into the parking lot Bianca just sat in the car while Chris started to get out of the car.
“What’s the matter B?” he asked her.
“I’m scared Chris,” she answered.
“It’s going to be okay, we’re just making sure everything is alright and to see the sex of the baby,” he said.
“I know, it’s just that reality is starting to set in that I’m going to be as mom,” she said.
“Don’t worry, I’m going to be right there with you the entire time,” he said.
“Promise?” she asked.
“Promise,” he answered as he rubbed her hand. After the reassurance from Chris, Bianca finally got the courage to get out of car and go inside. Once inside the office Bianca went up to the receptionist desk and signed in.
“The doctor will be with you shortly,” the secretary said.
“Thank you,” Bianca replied. She turned around and went and sat beside Chris. Bianca looked around and she saw all different kinds of women. Some looked like they could have their babies any second, while others were surrounded by their other children and looking rundown. Then Bianca heard the doctor call her name. She and Chris stood up and walked into the back and the doctor closed the door after them.
An hour later the two emerged from the back holding hands and smiling. While Bianca talked to the receptionist and filled out some forms, Chris went and got the car.
“And remember next time your parents need to come so they can sign some insurance forms even though your eighteen,” the lady said.
“Okay,” Bianca replied.
As Bianca started to walk out of the office she noticed a teenage girl who looked about six months pregnant, sitting with her mother. It made her think about what it would be like when she told her own mother that she was pregnant. But she didn’t want to think about that now. She was too excited. The doctor told her that even though it was her first time visiting the doctor since becoming pregnant she and her baby were doing fine. She stood on the curb and waited for Chris to pull up. When he did she hopped in the car, beaming.
“C’mon B, Let me see it again,” Chris said.
“Okay, okay, calm down,” Bianca said. She reached into her purse and pulled out the item to which Chris was referring to. It was a picture of the sonogram that Bianca had done.
“There you go,” she said. She handed him the picture of their healthy baby boy.