Cutting Away the Pain | Teen Ink

Cutting Away the Pain

November 5, 2010
By Anonymous

I was going to the hospital to see my great grandmother she was sick and I always wanted to keep her company,but when i got there my mom had a sad look on her face I remember saying"Baby she is gone" immediatley I broke down,bawling.We were real close, I really loved her, but now she was gone. But all my troubles started way before that,but when she was gone that was my breaking point.I was depressed right before winter started, I was depressed beacase of the things that happened in my past. Like when my dad went to Iraq,he was my normal dad but when he got home he was not the same person i had known my whole life.before that My brother,sister,aunt,uncle,and grandfather.I felt like I was being punished for something I had done wrong.But as I said my Great- Grandmothers death just broke the point,thats when I started cutting.It wasn't bad at first it was just little scratches here and there and then it got to the point where I started using razors.It got to the point where I wanted to committ suicide,there is more.I was constantly pressured with school,getting good grades and being bullied.Don't worry about me now I am fine I haven't cut for awhile.But one thing I have learned the scars stay forever,eventhough it may take away the pain it is only for a short while and boy don't I fell a whole lot better not doing it.But remeber a human is just like a flower,fragile and needs good care.


The author's comments:
I have learned from my mistakes